Regular molds for 'bars' of soap

ksranch

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered some base so I can try making my poor hubby some soap (for his overly dry skin). But, I don't dare give him anything shaped like a flower or a pig or any of the other little cute molds out there. Where do you guys get molds to make all those beautiful "bars" you make? I googled, but everything that came up was ebay and stuff.. figured someone could direct me to a supplier rather than use a middle man... TIA

Brambleberry carries them, so does Peaks, Natures Bouquet, Milky Way Molds, Mold Market. There are more but those are the ones that pop into mind at the moment.

I love using Milky Way molds and the heavy duty molds. Natures Bouquet has some nice bar soap molds. I like the southwest molds and shell molds.

I have found lots of different geometric and half round styles at hobby lobby, Jo-Ann fabrics and Michaels. Many big chains near where I live have phased out M&P, but some are still stocking mold inventory. You'll just need to be mindful of the pouring temp as the type in those big box stores will likely warp.

You can also repurpose many food containers. Some of the 6-packs of yogurts have neat shapes and designs, as do fruit cups.

I thought I read you make great CP soap in another thread. Why not make your DH a nice Castile? You can HP your favorite formula and superfat with whichever oils/butters you please.

I have found lots of different geometric and half round styles at hobby lobby, Jo-Ann fabrics and Michaels. Many big chains near where I live have phased out M&P, but some are still stocking mold inventory. You'll just need to be mindful of the pouring temp as the type in those big box stores will likely warp.

You can also repurpose many food containers. Some of the 6-packs of yogurts have neat shapes and designs, as do fruit cups.

I thought I read you make great CP soap in another thread. Why not make your DH a nice Castile? You can HP your favorite formula and superfat with whichever oils/butters you please.

No, no, = wasn't me - I'm a big chicken to try all that fancy soap stuff. I often post adoring what others have done, but I've never touched it! lol

I'm heading to town Thursday - I'll check HL for a bar mold. If Peaks has them I guess I didn't know what I was looking for.. I'll look again there too. Thanks for all the replys, appreciate the guidance!

No, no, = wasn't me - I'm a big chicken to try all that fancy soap stuff. I often post adoring what others have done, but I've never touched it!

I see my mistake. Your handle is similar to another member. I go you both confused. Sorry

I am too cheap to buy a lot of molds, so I use "found" molds. My current favorites are the little plastic trays that fancy schmancy dog food comes in - a perfect square with ribbed sides - and the oval tube containers that Crystal Light beverage comes in, which makes a column of perfect "guest" sized bars. I also found a Glad storage container that was a rounded rectangular standard bar size. In my mother's stuff, I found a plastic container that a bar of Neutrogena soap came in (like Mom would have thrown away a prefectly good little container!) - makes a nice bath sized bar large enough for a man's hands. If you are not cranking out many bars of soap, you can find molds all around you very suitable for one-off bars. Deli trays and containers of all kinds work fine. The best part about "found" molds is that they are FREE... and if you are lucky enough to have a good friend to save them for you (the Crystal Light & dog food trays), you can build up a stock of many molds that cost zippo.

Velveeta cheese boxes. Empty tea boxes. Heck, ANY appropriately sized box. Just line it with parchment paper or similar.

That said, my favorite is a tray mold I got from somewhere (probably Bramble Berry) that makes a few bars that have a Celtic knot design on them.