candle making software

Hello, everyone. Does anyone know of a good software that keeps track of inventory and breaks down profit per candle. I have looked all over the web. I need one that will also add in taxes and shipping. I used to make candle 10yrs ago and my kids were young and just gave up. Now I am starting over just with tarts and don't want to make the same mistake I did back then by just buying tons of supplies and letting them go to waste. I am definitely not an organized person.

What do you all use for software?

One last question. How much does it cost for you to make your tarts. I am using Ecosoya, clam shells, Frag, for about .98 cents each. Does this seem high and I guess I can get 3.50 for 1 shell. Thanks everyone for you help. I am so excited to learn from everyone here.

Sincerely Jackie

There are several spreadsheets floating around that one can download for this purpose.

Here's a good one:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?94853-Excel-Cost-Template

How much does it cost for you to make your tarts

That depends on each person's costs from their suppliers, labor, taxes, overhead, etc. If you search the forums for particular products, you might find some of the prices people are paying... HTH

I have one that I"m playing with that seems to be a great one if you give me your email address I'll send it to you ;)

Only one thing I'm confused about on this though is the units. I assume I could make it pounds per case & the cost/units I believe would figure to be the ounces???? Nope that didn't work lol sorry thinking out loud kind of and also hoping someone can give some input.

Edited by ladysj

I have one that I"m playing with that seems to be a great one if you give me your email address I'll send it to you ;)

Only one thing I'm confused about on this though is the units. I assume I could make it pounds per case & the cost/units I believe would figure to be the ounces???? Nope that didn't work lol sorry thinking out loud kind of and also hoping someone can give some input.

I'd like to see it too (the spreadsheet that is) =) info@eccolights.com

Thanks!!

why not i would like it also :)

just a word to the wise. Everyone here is sincere, however, there are internet robot programs that search for email addresses and pick up on the ones above in blue. The html code makes it blue and hyperlinked if you type in your email. Best way to defeat this and avoid spam is to defeat the code by breaking up your email into text that the 'bots don't read and makes real people read and address you personally. An example is bob at gmail.com Notice that the @ was replaced with "at" and spaces entered in between bob and gmail. No blue hyperlink.

Yeah, you have spam filters. Sure. They are defeated with each new wave of nerd hacking so please don't think that you are safe by providing a hyperlink email on the net.

Edited by EricofAZ