Excel Cost Template

RichardLOZ

Hi there,

For all of you looking for an excel template for costing, I thought I would just place mine up for download for you all, which is probably easier than requesting it via email.

Although mine does contain quantities in grams, this could just as easily be in pounds / ounces, it is up to you.

I have highlighted in yellow the fields that need to be filled in, and if you need any help with it, just post here on the forum and I will attempt to answer your questions.

Hope you find it helpful.

Excel Spreadsheet Costing Template

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi, I would love to have this but I can't get it to open. Would you care to email it to me? Thank you

Hi there,

For some reason the excel 2007 version seems to want to open as a zip file. Just right click the file and "save as" .xlsx or d/l the excel 2003 version which does actually open fine. They are both exactly the same, just done in different versions of excel.

Hi, thank you very much. I must really be stupid when it comes to computers because I still can't figure out how to save it like you said. My choices are a zipped file or all files. But I'm going to keep trying. Thanks again,

• 4 months later...

I love this tool however I don't know the difference between market pricing & retail prices. The price it's giving me to charge retail for an 11 ounce status jar no lid is like $14 & market price is like $10 I just don't see being able to get $14 for that jar I could be wrong though lol

Okay I just did some searching shopping on status jar candles & I guess I was wrong lol

Edited by ladysj

• 2 months later...

Hi, Thanks for this spreadsheet.

I have a couple quick questions on how to use this, since I am new to all this.

Palm Wax $100.00 25000 $0.00 80 $0.32

What is the 25000, and what is the 80? Not sure I fully understand what I put in these fields

Edited by Bottlecrafters

The $100 is the cost of the wax (I include shipping in this cost), although you could have the shipping lower in the spreadsheet as a separate line item.

The 25000 is the quantity you receive for the cost, in this case 25000 grams or 25 kg

The $0.00 is cost per unit, in this case cost / gram, which at 2 decimal places is too small to show.

The 80 is the amount you are using for this particular product, in this case 80 grams.

The $0.32 is the total cost of this item for the amount used, it using 80 grams of wax @ $100 / 25 kg will cost you $0.32 cents.

Does that help a little?

Cheers

Richard

OK let's say I plug in my numbers (just from my small batch I am testing - because its all I know right now :)

Purchase 10 lbs soy wax: $14.99

4 oz fragrance: $6.99

No Dye

Shipping $12.00

No UV

Used the numbers for clamshell, and label that are there.

Didn't change any of the "my adjusted" numbers.

I have attached what I did, does this look right?

post-14319-139458492344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bottlecrafters

So how many clams does this make? Looking at your numbers you are just making 1 x 16 oz clamshell. You have adjusted the number at the top for quantity, however you have not done the same for the clamshells down the bottom.

You have the general idea, however you have to ensure that all of the numbers make sense. For costing etc, it is very much easier to work in grams than oz. For example I know that my clams weigh approximately 75 grams, which is about 3 oz or thereabouts. Using 1 lb wax you would get 5 clams possibly.

See pic below......

post-10747-139458492357_thumb.jpg

Richard