Looking for a great Apple Butter fo.....

mzpickles

one where you can smell the buttery part as well as the apples & spices. My SIL gave me a candle she'd gotten from a small company in NE called the Barn, that was such a great Apple Butter scent! :drool: I've been trying to find one that good for 2 years now, any suggestions would be appreciated! Tia!

Apple butter doesn't have buttery notes. Believe me I live in the apple butter capitol and everywhere you go they sell and make apple butter. I have homemade apple butter in my fridge right now. Its just apples and spice. If you find one that has butter notes in it its not a true apple butter.

Edited by Candybee

Apple butter doesn't have buttery notes. ............. Its just apples and spice. If you find one that has butter notes in it its not a true apple butter.

You know, now that I think about it that's true! I don't know why but in my memory of what the Apple Butter candle smelled like my brain must have added a buttery note! Maybe I need to buy another Barn candle to see! Does apple butter smell creamy to you CB? What if I added Buttercream to an Apple Butter fo? :D

I guess I'll break down and try the JS Nana's AB. I've tried a few and they haven't been "it". I had just poured Starrville's Cinnamon Apple Butter yesterday and all I could smell was cinnamon. I'll let it cure and see what else comes out when I burn it. Thanks though!

one where you can smell the buttery part as well as the apples & spices. My SIL gave me a candle she'd gotten from a small company in NE called the Barn, that was such a great Apple Butter scent! :drool: I've been trying to find one that good for 2 years now, any suggestions would be appreciated! Tia!

There's an FO called Winter Hug that's supposed to be an Apple Butter scent, but I can't remember who has it. I'll check the Fragrance Oil Finder...brb...

Okay...Fragrance Oil Finder doesn't have Winter Hug. But, I Googled it and could only find in on Southern Scentsations FO list, down at the very bottom, and they describe it as apple butter with spice: http://www.greatcandle.com/Fragrances%20S-Z.htm

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm burning my Starrville Cinn Apple Butter candle now and the cinnamon has settled down from nose-hair scorching to an acceptable level and it has an awesome hot & cold throw. I asked my husband what he thought it smelled like and he said "brown sugar". His usual answer is "celery" so I was pretty happy, and then I realized what he called brown sugar was what I was identifying as my "buttery" note! I'm still going to try a couple of others, but I may have found what I was looking for! :yay:

Thanks again for your help!

Your husband sounds as funny as mine :) His response any candle question I pose to him is "maple syrup" LOL I love JS nana's Apple butter but am always on the prowl for anything new and/better. I am not familiar with starrville, is the cinnamon Apple butter a fo from them or a pre-made candle?

Your husband sounds as funny as mine :) His response any candle question I pose to him is "maple syrup" LOL

Yeah, mine usually thinks he's hilarious! :laugh2:

I love JS nana's Apple butter but am always on the prowl for anything new and/better. I am not familiar with starrville, is the cinnamon Apple butter a fo from them or a pre-made candle?

It's a fo, here's their website: http://www.TYLERSTARRVILLE.COM

Another one you have to try is their Crème brûlée, imho they have the best! :drool: