any opinions on snowdrift?

felixncharlie

I live here in Tucson and have been in their building when they were at the old location. Bill mixes the scents and they are dead on. I thought they were pretty strong. One of the members here compared Snowdrift's fresh cut grass with some from other manufacturers and thought Snowdrift was accurate but not as strong. I've had no difficulty with it.

They have (or had) a deal where you buy a $50/year membership and get 10 percent off. And another 5 percent on the first Friday of the month (which they are only open for 3 hours) and 20 percent on your birthday. Dunno if they still do that or if the percentages have changed.

I buy my EO's from them. Great prices. Pure EO's. I've shared some of my EO candles in the swaps before here on craftserver and received excellent feedback.

One of these days I'm going to get out to their new location and say hi and buy more. Unfortunately for me, all my candle stuff is now in storage. Hopefully in a few months I'll have a new lab.

I don't know much about their customer service since I tend to walk in, but I know I can never get through on the phone and they don't call back when I leave a message. Haven't heard anyone else complain though.

If you have any FO or EO interests, let me know. I still have some here and can maybe send a sample or two. I don't have much, but some.

Oh, I should say that I've bought lip balm and butters from them and been very happy with the product. Price is another thing and I realize there are others selling at different prices, but the quality is first rate IMHO.

Edited by EricofAZ

Snowdrift has been around for a long time and is a very refutable supplier. They are best known for their soaping supplies, recipes, and CP soaping tutorials, as well as bath and body supplies and tutorials.

I haven't used their oils for candlemaking but I would not hesitate to give them a try. Many here do use them and love them.

Their website is: www.snowdriftfarm.com

I have used the Orange Pomander ( I dont think they sell anymore), Eskimo Kisses, and a Eucalyptus/Spearmint they dont sell anymore and they were wonderful in 464- I still use eskimo kisses but the others didnt sell real well for me and their Geranium Egyptian Rose EO is fantastic in CB135

I buy mostly carrier oils and EO's from them for aromatherapy products and I love the quality and the customer service

Yeah, they don't return my calls either. I walk in and get what I want. I know they pay close attention to shipping so I would assume their internet sales are OK, but I never bought that way.

The fresh cut grass smells spot on for its name. I'm out of that. Someone here compared it to the one from peaks I think and said the snowdrift was more accurate, but Peaks was stronger.

• 3 weeks later...

Snowdrift Farm has ripped me off for $19.95 for 16 oz. Eucalyptus.....they charged me for it, labeled it as backordered --- this was 9-27 - and today is 11-1. I don't even see the product on their website. They DON'T answer their phones, DON'T return emails - - I will NEVER NEVER order from them again. Very disappointed. I guess they don't care....hope they enjoy my $$$$.

Judy

Someone here compared it to the one from peaks I think and said the snowdrift was more accurate, but Peaks was stronger.

I have compared them both and in my opinion they are BOTH very close to real fresh cut grass but in my wax (glass glow) the Peaks version (Tall Grass) was the strongest. Now in other waxes the story may be different.

I ended up never ordering from them myself, I called with a question and emailed them letting them know that I would like to place and order but needed to answer a question first…they never once emailed me or called me back. Enjoy going out of business folks because that where you will be soon! I will only do business with companies that have great customer service and this place is the worst.

Snowdrift Farm has ripped me off for $19.95 for 16 oz. Eucalyptus.....they charged me for it, labeled it as backordered --- this was 9-27 - and today is 11-1. I don't even see the product on their website. They DON'T answer their phones, DON'T return emails - - I will NEVER NEVER order from them again. Very disappointed. I guess they don't care....hope they enjoy my $$$$.

Judy

You should fight that.