xmas container for pouring

That IS a good question. I use the ceramic mini bread loaf containers ALL THE TIME. I burn them frequently myself and have never had a problem. They also sell votive containers for candles and I recently bought some cute ceramic halloween containers that I will pour in just for myself. I never use - say for example wine glasses or any glasses for that matter. I usually buy containers for packaging tealights or votives - not generally to pour candles in.

Yep. There's a LOT of difference in pouring containers of unknown candle container quality for ourselves and pouring them for sale or gifts. I pour in many different containers for myself that may or may not meet the ASTM standards for candle glassware, but I'm sure not going to gift or sell anything that doesn't meet or exceed the ASTM standards.

That IS a good question. I use the ceramic mini bread loaf containers ALL THE TIME. I burn them frequently myself and have never had a problem. They also sell votive containers for candles and I recently bought some cute ceramic halloween containers that I will pour in just for myself. I never use - say for example wine glasses or any glasses for that matter. I usually buy containers for packaging tealights or votives - not generally to pour candles in.

Thanks for the info, I will look around my local store to see what they offer. Its was just so funny, the last time I was there I picked up several, as you know you can't beat the prices, but then as I approached the register it dawned on me, Yikes....am I SURE I can use these.

Thanks again for the information!

Edited by sisters3

Is there an easy way of decorating plain glass? Decoupage? Paint on some holly or poinsettias or snowmen?

This was my thought. Just simple snowflakes, primitive looking snowmen, a "modern" Christmas tree of one continuous zig zag line. Even green, red and white polka dots. I don't think you need true art talent if you keep it simple. Ho Ho Ho in red and green and white dots all around.

Is there an easy way of decorating plain glass? Decoupage? Paint on some holly or poinsettias or snowmen?

I'm playing with stained glass paint - don't know if I can get it down well enough to sell.. but maybe enough for a 'different' present...

post-13514-13945848628_thumb.jpg

post-13514-139458486275_thumb.jpg

The craft stores sell a paint that works for glass, you bake it to set it. I've used that in the past on candle glassware and it's worked nicely.
Yea, that's what I went in search for but the ones here said they didn't carry it anymore because of this new stuff that you don't have to bake set..

BCN has adorable snowman containers under the clearance and surplus section- price is good (40% off) and they are very cute for not just Xmas but winter also

I bought them this spring thinking they were closing them out and see they are still offering them

Kroger had some really cute christmas bowls on sale. They are manufactured by Libbey and look like little candy bowls. Do you guys think they would be candle-safe since they are made by Libbey?

I saw those too. With a lid for a buck? They were cute. I'd love to know the answer to this too!