Hobby Lobby Jars

I buy these jars at HL and they hold about 4.5 oz of wax are 2.5" high and about 2.5" in diameter. Problem is that they can have anywhere between 1 and 3 on the self and I'd like more. I never see anyone in the store to ask so I was wondering if anyone has seen these for sale online. I've searched but have not found them.

[ATTACH]22489[/ATTACH]

post-13162-139458486104_thumb.jpg

I buy these jars at HL and they hold about 4.5 oz of wax are 2.5" high and about 2.5" in diameter. Problem is that they can have anywhere between 1 and 3 on the self and I'd like more. I never see anyone in the store to ask so I was wondering if anyone has seen these for sale online. I've searched but have not found them.

[ATTACH]22489[/ATTACH]

Lone Star has them and has lids for them too: http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/CandleContainers_Libbey-Elemental-Jar-7.25oz.html

Boy I could swear they sure look like the keepsake jars I use. They can be bought at Tristate, Candle Soylutions and Bittercreek South.

Question: The jars you get at Hobby Lobby; are they made by the candle glass regulations especially made for candles? I only ask that as I only use jars made for candles and those are really nice. Though I do use different pretty containers I may find but only use them for me and will not sell them.

By the way, beautiful job on those jars.....Very professional looking!

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Boy I could swear they sure look like the keepsake jars I use. They can be bought at Tristate, Candle Soylutions and Bittercreek South.

Question: The jars you get at Hobby Lobby; are they made by the candle glass regulations especially made for candles? I only ask that as I only use jars made for candles and those are really nice. Though I do use different pretty containers I may find but only use them for me and will not sell them.

By the way, beautiful job on those jars.....Very professional looking!

Trappeur

Thanks for the kind words about my candles. It turns out that the jars are Libbey Elemental jars and are designed for candles. HL sells them in the candle craft sections for $1.29. Lonestar sells them too.

I stopped in the HL by me, the jars were pricey!! $4-5 for status/vibe jars! Even at 1/2 off, that seems crazy. I asked, they do not discount based on volume purchasing...

They are Libbey Elemental jars and sell at HL for $1.29 in the candle craft area. I have since found out (thru people here) that they are also sold at Lonestar.

• 4 weeks later...
They are Libbey Elemental jars and sell at HL for $1.29 in the candle craft area. I have since found out (thru people here) that they are also sold at Lonestar.

The glass jars were on sale at HL yesterday for 50% off, so I went up to the front cash register with one of the Libbey Elemental jars so they could get the Item # off the tag, and they placed an order for me for 50 of the jars at 50% off. Each jar will cost me only 65 cents, plus tax, with no shipping charge.

They don't have lids for them, though. I checked the lids on Lonestar.com just now, and I could have sworn they used to have the silver lids, but now they only have the glass lids. I guess I'll just wrap mine with cello and a bow, but if you know who has lids, please let me know.

The glass jars were on sale at HL yesterday for 50% off, so I went up to the front cash register with one of the Libbey Elemental jars so they could get the Item # off the tag, and they placed an order for me for 50 of the jars at 50% off. Each jar will cost me only 65 cents, plus tax, with no shipping charge.

They don't have lids for them, though. I checked the lids on Lonestar.com just now, and I could have sworn they used to have the silver lids, but now they only have the glass lids. I guess I'll just wrap mine with cello and a bow, but if you know who has lids, please let me know.

OMG! that was a great deal I checked today and the sale is off:sad2:

Yes, but here is the good news: I asked, "How often does Hobby Lobby glassware go on sale? once or twice a year?" And the HL clerks answered, "No, every 2 or 3 weeks." Cha-ching! :D

YEAAAAAAAA! i will keep checking I could use these along with my Jelly jars

If we're too cheap to order the glass lids, what's the most appealing way to close the tops? Cello bag? Shrink wrap jar band? A square of cellophane over the top with a ribbon or twine or shiny gold or silver bow elastic thingy? And then we have to have some lidded ones to use as sniffy samples, right? Because there's no way to seal the jar and make it so they can open and close it without a lid.

Is there a source of plastisol or plastic lids that might fit it? It's 2-5/8" diameter.

I did see the Libby glass lids for it on Early American Candle Supply for 73 cents each. And I think they're doing a cheap flat-rate shipping special temporarily too.

I have some shrink wrap bags that I are 6"x6" that I use for my 12 ounce status jars that came from Majestic Mountain Sage & 4"x6" from Wholesale Supplies. The 4"x6" might be a perfect for them. I don't know where else to get them I know there is some place else maybe someone will chime in.

YEAAAAAAAA! i will keep checking I could use these along with my Jelly jars

WOWIE I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that glass sale too that's a great price. I get their sales ad emailed to me haven't been checking it though lol but I will now.

If anybody sees the 50% off sale please post here just in case I miss it pls ;)

Today I picked up my 50 Libby Elemental jars from Hobby Lobby for a total of $35.00!!!!!! :yay:

I talked on the phone to the Hobby Lobby Mgr. before I drove over there to pick up my jars, and she said, "Seems like our glassware is on sale for 50% off every other week! lol" And she said I could see when the glassware goes on sale by checking the Sunday paper, or by logging onto www.HobbyLobby.com

You have to go to the candle-making aisle in the craft section of the store to find the Libby Elemental jars, they're not on the jar aisle or the candle-and-jar aisle. In the candle-making aisle of the craft section, I noticed they have very nice 13.5 oz heavy-based tumblers, which would be about $1.00 each on sale. Also other Libby jars, like the vibe, the cube, and that one that's shaped narrow in the middle, but I forgot the name of that one.

Edited by HorsescentS

I have some shrink wrap bags that I are 6"x6" that I use for my 12 ounce status jars that came from Majestic Mountain Sage & 4"x6" from Wholesale Supplies. The 4"x6" might be a perfect for them. I don't know where else to get them I know there is some place else maybe someone will chime in.

Shrink wrap bags look so nice and professional, but I'm kind of afraid they'll make my candles look like mass-produced candles and I might go with a cello bag with a hang tag because I think that screams, "Homemade." I'm not sure, though.