What do you think of this?

Regina Filange

Well, the answer to the "what the heck is it" question is that it's a fairly conventional mottle on top and a slightly frosty cold pour for the bottom layer.

Very different finishes, a light shade of a warm color on top and a dark shade of a cool color on the bottom. I have to admit I find the aesthetic a bit jarring.

Well, the answer to the "what the heck is it" question is that it's a fairly conventional mottle on top and a slightly frosty cold pour for the bottom layer.

Very different finishes, a light shade of a warm color on top and a dark shade of a cool color on the bottom. I have to admit I find the aesthetic a bit jarring.

OUCH! At least your honest.

I thought the orange/green combo was fitting for Citrus Basil. Clearly I was wrong.

Thanks for the slap tho, it woke me up!

I do thank you for your kind words Celicagtca!

Clearly I was wrong. Thanks for the slap tho, it woke me up!

An honest opinion cannot be a slap or an indicator of being wrong. It's just an expression of one person's perspective; and you did ask for opinions. When you ask, it is advisable to be open to such comments. Then you can decide if the feedback is worth heeding or not. In other words, I'd like to suggest that you not be so quick to be offended. KWIM?

I rather like it. I think candles w/ mixed effects have character. The color is a little jarring in that they are so different from one another, but, if it's placed in a room with those colors, then it can help further bind the color scheme. Hope that makes sense.

The only thing that disturbs me about the candle is the line between layers. You might want to pour the 2nd layer once the 1st layer has set up enough to support the 2nd layer w/o the colors bleeding. I think you would get a softer edge that just might reduce that sense of "jarring". Hope that helps.

I like the two colors together and used similar ones for sage lemongrass FO. As for the center line, one of the things I do if the layer has hardened too much to blend together, is to use my heatgun and gently melt a bit of the first layer, then do my next pour. However, you have to do this before the wax shrinks away from the sides or your next our will run down the sides of the first layer and wreck the candle. You might find that when your top pour is hotter, the layers don't bond you can pull the candle apart. This happened to me a few times. hth

I think you've got the perfect blend of mottle and rustic...altho I dont care for the top color, but who am I anyway. These candles (rustic/mottle) are ALWAYS showing up differently than we expect, and the only thing you can count on is that the more you make...the better they get! Nice job Regina. :D

I think it looks very nice. I think the line between the layers adds to the rustic look of the dissimilar layers and colors. If I were making one like this but were shooting for similar texture and complementary colors, I would want the seam to be perfect, of course. But that's just me trying to be perfect :grin2:

Nice job! geek