Eco Soy CB advanced

A quick check of the NGI website says:

Test burn the candle for burn pool diameter and quality after it has setup (cured or dried) for a minimum of 48 hours.

You my also want to note in their discussion about using CBA the following regarding FOs:

Due to its advanced technology, it is very important to work with the fragrance manufacturer to use fragrances specifically designed for and tested in CB-Advanced Soy. Please do not assume that a fragrance working in any other wax (soy or paraffin) will automatically work in CB-Advanced Soy. Refer to Appendix B for suggestions. Recommended maximum scent load is about 12%. To minimize scent loss, add scent prior to pouring but at a wax temperature no les s than 135°F (57.2°C). Accommodate for temperature drop due to the addition of the cooler scent when targeting the pour temperature. Optimum hot scent throw is achieved with a full diameter burn pool at a depth of ¼ to ½ inch (0.6 to 1.3 cm). Some scents may react poorly causing bleed, objectionable frosting, or poor flame quality. Try a different scent or manufacturer to correct that occurrence.
Edited by Stella1952

I wonder how many fragrance manufacturers make fragrances specifically designed for the cb advanced?.. Seems like it might be tough to find fragrances that would work.. I am very interested in your testing. Please keep us posted.:smiley2:

I know, I just want a good throwing candle that fills my home. I keep trying and trying. Nothing yet.

Been buying just fragrances that they have tested with soy. Should that count for the cb advanced?

I've worked with CBA and found just because a website has a FO rating for soy does not guarantee the scent works in it. You have to do a lot of testing to find FOs that work in it.

BTW-- the name is EcoSoya not Eco Soy. Just a heads up.

I strongly suggest you visit the manufacturers (NGI) website to learn about using their waxes if you intend to continue working with it: www.ngiwax.com

Edited by Candybee

I've worked with CBA and found just because a website has a FO rating for soy does not guarantee the scent works in it. You have to do a lot of testing to find FOs that work in it.

BTW-- the name is EcoSoya not Eco Soy. Just a heads up.

I strongly suggest you visit the manufacturers (NGI) website to learn about using their waxes if you intend to continue working with it: www.ngiwax.com

Those darn new comers never seem to no nothing. Will try and spell it write next thyme!

Been buying just fragrances that they have tested with soy. Should that count for the cb advanced?
Please read the link I posted and poke around on NGI's website to learn about their "fragrance program." Candybee made a sage observation when she said:
I've worked with CBA and found just because a website has a FO rating for soy does not guarantee the scent works in it.
I wince every time I see a new post with CBA in the title 'cause I know where we're going with it... :rolleyes2 Gotta give the devil it's due: the stuff IS gorgeous in appearance and if I were making unscented candles, you bet your sweet asp I'd be using CBA! BUT, I'd rather walk on broken glass than try to get a strong, reliable scent throw from it... And the chances of me using 12% FO are roughly the same as a snowball's in hell. That's more than twice what I now use and on top of the higher price for EcoSoya waxes, it would almost double my already high (shipping) pour costs.
I swear my keyboard has embedded software to make spelling errors and typos
Mine, too! My keyboard is old and so are my arthritic fingers. The combination of the two means that I have to correct something in almost every damned sentence that I write!! Time for me to try out voice recognition software! :undecided

Stella

You are so good, I always look forward to your comments. You have tons of knowledge about candles. Thanks so much.

Oh boy, I guess I purchased the wrong soy. Just cannot get it right. I tried the 464 and did not care for it. Back to the drawing board!

I started with CD-A and switched to 464. What did you not like about it? It has a much better HT and my tops in the 8 oz apothecary jars have been great. My tumblers will are a little rough by I am guess a change in pour temp might fix that. The only other all soy wax I see mentioned on the board is C3 but I am not switching and starting over at this point.

I currently use 464. I mix a little paraffin with it to make it pour better. Great CT and HT for me. In another post I read good things about Cargill C-3 soy wax. I am picking some up tomorrow and testing later this week hopefully.

Have you tried Ecosoya Xcel? I don't see many people talking about this one on this board. I'm using it in a blend for my wax melts and I really like it. Great scent throw so far and just a tiny tiny hint of frosting. I'm not using wicks though, so that may make a big difference.

I've got 20 pounds of CB-A still. I won't waste my time making 100% CB-A candles with it but I am wondering what to do with it. Mixing a little (10%?) in with 464 to help with the occasional rough top? I might be better off adding USA but based on the product description it may already have 2% of that.

Have you tried Ecosoya Xcel? I don't see many people talking about this one on this board. I'm using it in a blend for my wax melts and I really like it. Great scent throw so far and just a tiny tiny hint of frosting. I'm not using wicks though, so that may make a big difference.

I've used excel before and it does have a good HT and CT but I think 464 has a lot better. I just pour at a low temp and I get decent tops. I think some people believe it is real soy that way or even expect that. Just from my experience and comments.

Actually I've had very good luck with both CBA and the XCEL. Ive actually had better luck with those than many of the other soy waxes I've tried. I do prefer the CBA over the XCEL as the xcel will leak certain FO's and Ive not experienced that with the CBA. The CBA gives me a nice ht however it does require a longer cure than other waxes I've tried.

How long of a cure time - 1 week or 2 weeks on the CBA. Just poured some the other night,

had some holes by the wick - poured at 125. My last batch I poured at 100 and still the holes by

the wicks. Just took the heat gun to them. The wax looks so nice in color and smooth. Hope I

get a good HT. I poured Blueberry Muffin from Peaks.

16 ozs. = CBA

1 oz. blueberry muffin (Peaks)

1 teaspoon coconut oil

no dye added (from what I read about dye it sounds like a nightmare)

Heat the wax to 175 added FO at 150 and stirred up a storm. Poured at 125 and 100

I'm one of the few as well it seems that's had luck with the CBA. I've got some Excel also but really haven't had a chance to play around with it much. The cure time varies for me. Some FO's are great in a week and some take longer. I NEVER burn them until it's been atleast a full week. I've found that if I pour cooler say 125 I tend to get some of those holes by the wick. If I pour at 135 I don't get them. HTH

Bummer!

Just test burned my EcoSoya, not good.

Great CT but no HT! Left it cure for 1 week.

8 oz mason jar. What to do?

If you let it cure for 2-3 weeks it may get better. But I'm personally not a fan of Eco-Soya Adv. Not sure if that's what you are using.

You have to try one of the companys that make fragrance oil designed for this wax as noted in previous posts.. I have some samples coming from Lebermuth in Indiana.. They apparently test their FO in Ecosoya products, so they know what does and doesn't work but reccomend testing it anyways based on your application.. They are pretty expensive though but I might add they have TOP notch customer service.. Quite the friendly bunch out there