Aside from Lonestar, does any supplier sell HOT PINK liquid candle dye?

I use Magenta liquid dye from J&L. The top layer was mixed using only a few drops of dye; it is my favorite liquid dye...very versatile as it can make a nice light baby pink all the way to a deep fuschia. HTH

All three of those are great colors! Are they all from J&L? Who is J&L?

All three of those are great colors! Are they all from J&L? Who is J&L?

Yes, all are from J & L. www.jandlcreations.com

I love these dyes; phased out all the various dye chips I previously used. I have much better control with the liquids. You can message Lorrie here on the boards with any questions; she and I just had a big discussion about these dyes on Friday. She's a plethora of information!

I have the Hot Pink liquid dye from BCN, it is a true bright hot pink. I love their lime green dye flakes too..nice bright color. I did get lime green liquid from candlechem that works awesome in my aroma beads, I haven't tried it in wax yet because I am using up the rest of my flakes first.

Edited by mparadise

Love those colors Bliss.

Thanks! Good raw materials make it much easier. I love my wax/dye combo...if only I could solve the white cake(wedding cake/snowflake cake) issue; can't keep it from morphing to a pink tint unless I add blue dye; to get it a cool shade for Snowflake; did it a pink for summer Wedding Cake; not good in sunlight at all. I can't make it pretty:(. White dye chips, perhaps? Everyone who purchases this scent looks past any discoloration; they just want the scent. I need to perfect this.

Well what you posted doesn't look like your charts. Get better lighting then. Your colors either look like orange or a victorian rose color. Definitely not hot pink. No one who has seen it here thinks what you have is a hot pink either ... Your chart shows it, but your candle doesn't.

Edited by Scented

Ok, I'm going to wave off of this thread. Best wishes to everyone.

CMYK always assume a W (white) base of 100 and is a light reflection color scheme meaning that light which reflects off white paper, for example, with the CMYK colors mixed on it should look like the color chart.

CMYK assumes a light temperature similar to sunlight, but in some cases of very sophisticated computer printers, might assume a slightly different light temperature more akin to indoor lighting. As you know, florescent and incandescent and camera flash all have different temperatures.

RGB is designed for light to shine through it, ie, TV sets and computer monitors. Change the white light temperature and the image skews to warm or cool, etc.

A candle is a combination of both. The white component of the wax varies with the opacity of the wax and translucence that lets light permeate it.

It wasn't until the creature Gollum in Lord of the Rings that engineers figured out how to simulate the light scattering that takes place in human skin with the 3D models that are on the big screen. Its called photon mapping and Dr. Jensen is, to my knowledge, the only computer programmer who ever won an Oscar.

Scented, my "mere" experiments that "fall short" may be insulting to you. Feel free to put me on ignore or not look at my posts. I'm doing a pretty good job of taking into account the light variations and opacity and white content and probably moving a lot closer to mixing some really cool colors than you think.

Remember: you are not viewing candles on a monitor or on a white base. You are coloring a substance - very different process and the model you use matters. Mixing colors for candles is more similar to mixing paint than it is graphics work of any kind - monitor, print media or film. Try using the color theory that artists use for mixing paints and you will be in good shape. Links are above to assist with this process.

I'm glad for the readers of this thread that posters have offered you their opinions and ideas because your information is confusing and not directly applicable to coloring candles. It is interesting from a web layout or print media viewpoint, but that's not what we're dealing with here - we're coloring candles.

Edited by Stella1952

I use Magenta liquid dye from J&L. The top layer was mixed using only a few drops of dye; it is my favorite liquid dye...very versatile as it can make a nice light baby pink all the way to a deep fuschia. HTH

Ooh! Those colors are beautiful, Brandy! What scents are those?

I'm off to J&L now. I'll have to find my list on what FOs I want to try. lol

Scented, my "mere" experiments that "fall short" may be insulting to you. Feel free to put me on ignore or not look at my posts. I'm doing a pretty good job of taking into and light variations and opacity and white content and probably moving a lot closer to mixing some really cool colors than you think.

You probably are in regards to the color, but your photos simply are not showing a person hot pink and you do not get to redefine what hot pink is. You put stuff up that you said was close to hot pink and look at those photos they aren't. So is this a case of you get to go all over this forum making critiques and then argue that we're all wrong when that critique turns on you? Get over yourself if that is the case.

Edited by Scented

Ooh! Those colors are beautiful, Brandy! What scents are those?

I'm off to J&L now. I'll have to find my list on what FOs I want to try. lol

Val,

Those were poured last spring; Berry Blast, Blueberry Muffin, Lemon Cheesecake. They sold out pronto. I haven't had much time to play with layers this year, but my younger sis has a birthday March 31 and has requested her "special" jar; takes 4 wicks, and is a total PITA, but I will be layering Blueberry Cheesecake and Snowflake Cake in blue tones for that; I'll post a pic when it is done.

:cheesy2:

CS has a Key West Green liquid dye. I am not certain what you would add to it to make it more "Neon"...but it is a very pretty bright light green. Just 1-2 drops per lb of glass glow palm wax looks awesome! Makes the CS Lime Cooler scent stand out immediately from all the typical pinks, purples and yellows of spring. Not really Neon...but defintiely bright and eye catching. (In paraffin and para-soy as well!)

HTH

Perhaps this is an amateur thing, but I just use crayons for my dyes. Cheap and simple. I've never tried neon colors, though, so I suppose I couldn't say whether or not they're effective for bright hues.

Would love to see a picture of how they burn...