And the obsession begins.....

SuzyK

I just received my very first order of Fragrance Oils. OH MY GOSH!!! I can't stop smelling them. My kids even asked me why I keep smelling them. I only ordered 10 different scents because I'm just starting. Now I know why you all talk about an obsession to buying lots of FOs. lol.

One of my favorites that I purchased is Christmas Cabin- totally took me back to when I worked at Hallmark and we'd burn candles at Christmas. This one smells like the one that was our favorite to burn in the store. Ahhhhhhhh. :)

I ordered from NG.

I ordered:

Apple Jack Peel

Dreamsickle

Christmas Cabin

Clean Cotton

Jack Frost

Lick Me All Over

Black Raspberry & Vanilla

Gingerbread

Cane Sugar Cookie

Cucumber & Melon

I ordered Christmasy scents because I figured I'd give myself a few months of testing and hopefully be ready by fall. I'm planning on just doing tarts for now.

Looks like the only one I am getting that matches yours is the Lick Me All Over. I have heard that it is really good.

Yep, you'll have plenty of time to test before Christmas, but you will for sure be needing more FO, unless you got big botles. Frosted Lime Cupcake is a must-have scent from NG, though not a holiday scent.

Here's what I have coming:

Honey Vanilla Love Dust

Bite Me

Love Juice

Almond Rum Cake

Pizza (I know, yuck...but I'm curious...lol)

Tooth Fairy Taffy

Absinthe

Carrot Cupcake

Cranberry Cassia Root

Green Amber

Mystic Orange Moonstone

Guardian Angel

Angels Whispering

Mexican Fried Ice Cream

Cashmere & Silk

Vanda Orchid

Vanilla Extract

Bamboo Hemp

Baby Bee Buttermilk

Niagara Falls

Blue Hawaiian

Sun, Moon, & Stars

Sun Your Buns

Lick Me All Over

:rolleyes2

nmhoneybear, I may be wrong, but I believe you're going to love Absinthe.

Took me months to take the plunge and now I could kick myself for not ordering it sooner. Hard to describe, with a slight bitterness to it, but quite hypnotic, IMHO. Let us know what you think of it :)

Oh you have a big list. I can't wait to order more! I only ordered 2 oz of each fragrance for testing purposes so I know I'll have to order again.

Lick Me All Over smells so so good!

They sent me an aroma bud scented with the pizza and I don't really like it I don't think it's absolutely terrible scent. It's manly.

I'll definitely put Frosted Lime Cake on my list when I order new scents again. Sounds yummy.

It is a really crazy addiction. Over on the thread in the Business section about credit cards being hacked into, those of us who got compromised are posting which suppliers we've been ordering from to see if there was one in common. I thought everyone will think I'm nuts when they read how many suppliers I order from! Them I realized we all probably have the same addiction.

I go to peak at least once a month and when I start to run low my oldest son asks "mom. do we get to go to the crack store" my husband is even addicted to FO's he has even ordered some and then when they showed up and I freak out because I didnt order them, he tells me "What?!?! I wanted to smell them"...:laugh2:

Edited by bearmnt

Well, Einstein and I are cutting back. We've enjoyed the fancy names and the great FO's out there that are strong and the EO's that just absolutely make us relax and enjoy the evening.

We're moving now towards some basic scents that sell well and just have this "knowledge" of the 1000+ scents out there in our bag of tricks for the very special folks who want them.

nmhoneybear, I may be wrong, but I believe you're going to love Absinthe.

Took me months to take the plunge and now I could kick myself for not ordering it sooner. Hard to describe, with a slight bitterness to it, but quite hypnotic, IMHO. Let us know what you think of it :)

You're so right about the Absinthe, Ravens. It is deliriously good...something really special about it. And these are only OOB impressions, but here goes:

Honey Vanilla Love Dust - this one smells good enough to drink...LOVE IT!

Bite Me - got a scrub in this in a swap and loved the strong cherry scent

Love Juice - a different kind of citrus

Almond Rum Cake - Mmmmm...I smell all three things

Pizza (I know, yuck...but I'm curious...lol) - regretting this one! PLEASE don't make me sniff this one again! YUCK!!!!

Tooth Fairy Taffy - smells a lot like Doodle Bug to me...bubble gum & cream soda

Absinthe - love it...would make a great incense or room spray

Carrot Cupcake - a sweeter carrot scent than I am used to, can't wait to pour this one

Cranberry Cassia Root - wow! very nice...may be one of my new favorites

Green Amber - stronger on the green notes, not liking this as much as I thought I would :(

Mystic Orange Moonstone - omg...loving this one...unique for sure

Guardian Angel - similar to Thierry Mugler's Angel perfume

Angels Whispering - what a beautiful scent

Mexican Fried Ice Cream - another one good enough to drink

Cashmere & Silk - a little light, but a pretty scent

Vanda Orchid - can't stop sniffing this one

Vanilla Extract - good dupe, but wish it were a stronger

Bamboo Hemp - eh...different...definitely an outdoorsy smell

Baby Bee Buttermilk - yummy

Niagara Falls - smelling mostly fruits in this one...love it!

Blue Hawaiian - super strong, making me antsy for our cruise in June :)

Sun, Moon, & Stars - nice!

Sun Your Buns - liking this one better than the Hawaiian Suntan

Lick Me All Over - sexy, fruity scent...mmmm

Edited by nmhoneybear

Thanks for the reviews on your scents! Now I'm wanting to buy more. Well, I was wanting to buy more before your review, now I really REALLY want to. lol. But, I should probably buy wax and other supplies first so I can actually make a tart/melt. lol.

I'm pretty sure my other obsession will be mixing colors. I love color!

It is a shame to be so addicted to FO's, I have several (70 ish) that are waiting to be poured into wax. Think when I start pouring my fall scents this coming spring, I'll start pouring those testers. Never know some might be great sellers just sitting there collecting dust.

Well, Einstein and I are cutting back. We've enjoyed the fancy names and the great FO's out there that are strong and the EO's that just absolutely make us relax and enjoy the evening.

We're moving now towards some basic scents that sell well and just have this "knowledge" of the 1000+ scents out there in our bag of tricks for the very special folks who want them.

I hope your joking about your cat smelling the FOs. They are very toxic and highly dangerous to cats and dogs.

When I make candles I put my cats in a closed room and even put a towel down to cover the door crack. I don't let the cats out until well after I am down making the candles, lidded them, and aired out the whole area.

I've had 2 cats in my long life that ended up with lung diseases so I learned the hard way not to take any chances with their health.

I hope your joking about your cat smelling the FOs. They are very toxic and highly dangerous to cats and dogs.

When I make candles I put my cats in a closed room and even put a towel down to cover the door crack. I don't let the cats out until well after I am down making the candles, lidded them, and aired out the whole area.

I've had 2 cats in my long life that ended up with lung diseases so I learned the hard way not to take any chances with their health.

Speaking of animals.... above all scents, one of my dogs LOVE LOVE LOVE baby powder candles! He sticks his nose right in the jar and inhales sooo deep! Like on that febreeze commercial! So cute!

I ADORE NG!!! The Bamboo Hemp I was meh, about it also. But than I made a room spray with it and YUM! Now I LOVE it! I make incense also and this is a fab incense scent! I just made him more incense in cherry scent.. wow you want a strong cherry scent that is it! They are drying in his mancave and as soon as he opens the door I about get knocked down with the scent coming from there! (smells better than the alternative in his gross room... dirty feet and cigarettes! ACK!)

I think pretty soon my hunny is going to put a block on the NG website to keep me away from it. lol

I'll add to your misery Val ... seek out their scent Fierce ... it's fiercely sexy, imo.

Give that green amber another chance. I really like OOB and will be looking forward to getting it into some things soon.

Yellow Polka Dot bikini is fun.

So is Purple Hooters

and I have to say that when I reorder Jungle Love and Monkey Farts, I'll sneak some absinthe in there. I keep bypassing it.

I'll add to your misery Val ... seek out their scent Fierce ... it's fiercely sexy, imo.

Give that green amber another chance. I really like OOB and will be looking forward to getting it into some things soon.

Yellow Polka Dot bikini is fun.

So is Purple Hooters

and I have to say that when I reorder Jungle Love and Monkey Farts, I'll sneak some absinthe in there. I keep bypassing it.

LOL

I fully intended to get the Fierce. Remembered it AFTER I hit the "confirm" button. lol I'll get it on the next order.

Okay, so I ordered the Green Amber and, while I waited for it to come in, melted these tarts that I got from someone else in that scent...just didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Gonna try again though...maybe in incense or a room spray.

For sure, don't forget the Absinthe...a truly unique scent. I think it is just up your alley! lol