Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2011

Abbiepql

Coconut Milk Powder? Ooooh, sounds neat! About how much is it for a pound?

ETA: I'm making a vacation out of this convention. We're leaving out Friday afternoon and staying until Sunday morning! :) I'm excited, because this semester has been sheer HE## and I need a break! (and a social life again! LOL)

Edited by asheebeans

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hanging out with us makes for a FUN time....

what happens in PA.... stays in PA:laugh2:

ETA: I will be shooting off an email to get pricing. Will post when I get it.

This CoOp is for the gathering only. I don't want to have to ship before the gathering.

Edited by singleyellowrose

I'm down for a pound each milk powder.

SYR can you get more KAOH? or do I need to chase after my lye guy?

Abbie- is OBN going? Will they be bringing orders again or will I be offering to pick up at OBN too?

edited to say I just read about OBN and that is unknown at this time....

Edited by tlc26

I'm down for a pound each milk powder.

SYR can you get more KAOH? or do I need to chase after my lye guy?

Abbie- is OBN going? Will they be bringing orders again or will I be offering to pick up at OBN too?

edited to say I just read about OBN and that is unknown at this time....

How much KAOH do you need? I'm sitting on like 32 bottles I think, because I'm too skeered to try it in something lol.

Well I was going to test my tute out in palm, but instead I'm wearing the wax, inhaling the wax and I have a nice fine dusting of it all over my kitchen. I don't think I'll blow my money on that again ... ok I might once I get over being pissy about this.

I am thrilled my bowls are here though!!! And I may have another company for you to hit up in time. I ordered some stuff from there and we'll see how it is ... when it gets here.

Edited by Scented

Don't you just love testing new stuff? LOL I got some new ingredients today - in the perfecting phase. Will be testing new jello this weekend (not shooters) Can't wait to see the bowls...inquiring minds and all...I did what you told me with Lori and pleaded for a phenom bubble bar demo!

Should have made her do liquid soap LMAO! She nearly died when I suggested it last July :laugh2:

I found three good sizes of bowls that should work, all stainless steel. Thing about the palm is that it arrived with a busted bag, but I didn't know that till I removed the paper, which had probably a pound alone in all its folds. The stuff even got inside the bag with my fragrances and that was twist-tied shut. Terribly inconvenient at the moment. I hope I bought enough baggies to salvage what's not all over my floor.

Scented- I've only got one can of the stuff that is 2 years old so I am going to try to make my first batch of liquid soap this weekend. I will let you know how it goes and if I really am after more. I have to grab up a stock pot for it though I don't wanna use the ones I have they are for food.

are the bowls being made with palm? nice! bet they are gorgeous! I may need to take some time off work and come make 'em with you

I'm going to try them in palm and see how it goes. I would have tried it tonight, but had to salvage what palm I could. Unfortunately it's going to take more cleaning as there's box fuzz in it. Need to clear my pots of lilac and wisteria and the rest of butt naked and then will go from there. No coming here without warning! I'll need some FOs from your way lol! I might need more palm too, but first I should try it with what I have and I need to dig out more things to embed. However, you're always welcome here :D We can test out a lot of things.

Looks like I may be making it this year. Waiting to hear if my hubby can get off work and whether he wants to sit through all the demos and I should be registering soon. I've been out of the biz for awhile, but getting back in and this is a great way to start. I'm looking forward to it.

Liquid soap - why does that topic keep coming up around you ladies? Tabatha is brave, sounds lucrative, but maybe too much work for me. I found great big stainless crocks at Wally, not heavy duty like you would want for cooking but I bet they would work good for soap! Scented I found some awesome dried flowers at the craft store that would work for your bowls, they were for scrapbooking, so they were nice and flat!

Deb we would love to see you again! I know what you mean about the DH sitting through demos, Derrick retired last year - but he drops in to visit.

Shoot me a pix of these flowers, cuz I ordered from SF (only to get the putka pods and some lavender lol) and I ordered from goodhopebotanicals (someone to check into for the gathering ... just saying)

I have to be out of town today and hope to get a project done by Sunday or so that I can do what I want and have some free time (which 'll never happen)

Liquid soap - why does that topic keep coming up around you ladies? Tabatha is brave.

Cuz I want to see how it's done (not just read about it lol) and I can't be the only one who wants to do it can I? Yes, Tabatha is brave. Far more than I am unless I have a quart of tequila in me. ha ha

Scented you are not the only one interested in the bowls. A few years back someone told me how to make them using a balloon that you keep dipping til you get the thickness you want. Well I tried it but they didn't come out quite like I had hoped. Yours sound much nicer than those were.

Well 2 things ... I can't read red :P:laugh2: and you offered up bubble bars last year in discussion at that table ... sooooooooooo ... :laugh2:And you'll be great :D now about liquid soap ... if we aren't going to have a demo, then I need discussion on it, preferably private lol.

I don't have anymore KaOH.. but would love to get some.

JP.....I AM NOT REPEAT NOT MAKING LIQUID SOAP!:angry2::P

Just making sure you can read it!!!:laugh2:

MAYBE next year but not this year.

And BTW.. thanks a bunch friend on the bubble bars tut.

Scented you are not the only one interested in the bowls. A few years back someone told me how to make them using a balloon that you keep dipping til you get the thickness you want. Well I tried it but they didn't come out quite like I had hoped. Yours sound much nicer than those were.

To me that's too much work, so we won't be dipping. And I'm a happy camper because I'm getting more palm :D I think that's great and all from the company, but I was really just letting them know their bags weren't too good.

Scented - youtube it.. just make sure you skip all the videos that just tell you to grate a bar of soap and add water.

luminousboutique even has a video on there.

I have been youtubing it for a while now. I found a few recipes to start with and I will let you know how it goes. I know I will not be willing to do a demo on it by gathering time but if I like it, maybe next year.

In all fairness SYR did say she would investigate the bubble bar issue and if she could pull it together by the gathering she would *waiting patiently & crossing fingers * so... there is hope for the elusive bubble bar tut! I would do it, but I am up to my armpits in gellez - in my never ending quest to unlock all secrets *ush.