Mid-Atlantic Gathering 2011

Abbiepql

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming from North Carolina - 600 miles - 10 hours. Wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'm neither a Leader or a Follower ... just an observer (... and maybe a dancer this year since I already advertised it.)

A DANCE I WOULDN'T MISS FOR THE WORLD.. and the world won't miss it either... just make sure someone brings along a video cam!:laugh2:

I've wanted to come to this for a couple of years, but always had to teach summer school. I don't think I will be doing that this summer so maybe I could make it. It's about an 11 or 12 hour ride I think. Maybe, just maybe...

Fire lit .... @$$ burning!! :laugh2:

Just need to know a few things .... like what the registration cost is cuz I sure didn't see it listed (but then I am blind most days) lol, and are most folks sharing rooms or getting their own??

I think there are 6 or 7 seats left! I will post it when we are sold out.

Registration is $45. Thank so bringing that to my attention - when I updated it from early registration information - I omitted the price, I apologize.

From what I have seen, many share rooms - it's most likely 50/50. This year the hotel is a suites hotel, so it's more roomie friendly.

Normally we have about 50% register in the last couple of weeks, but with all the early registrations - I don't think that will be an option this year!

(that last one is for Judy... just so she doesn't forget and gets practiced up!)

... I try to practice but then Steve starts laughing so hard I think he's going to need another trip to the ER so I have to stop practicing when he's home ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is only one spot left, of 45. I increased the count to accomodate as many as the room could hold! I was holding off making the announcement until all 45 seats were filled. FUN, FUN - I can't wait to see everyone :-)

I must correct myself, we have three spots open. So technically we did sell out at 40, but Dawn called the hotel and found out that if we rearranged the tables, we could fit more - She confirmed it for me yesterday. I have had calls and emails asking how many spots are left, so I am thinking those three won't be around for long!

Best Dressed and Most Original Product. Then we have the Yankee Swap on Friday night at the Meet & Greet. The gathering swap on Saturday, bring an item to swap, recieve an item - bring two, get two. Items to be judged for the contests must be swap items, but you may bring a swap item and choose not to enter the contests. There is more details on the site (I think). LOL

BTW there is one seat left!

• 4 weeks later...

I picked something up at Tyson's this weekend! Nancy says this year the Yankee swap has a "Christmas in July" wrapping theme, with a prize for the most purty. I need to pull some wrapping paper out of the closet, glad I saved some. It will be here before you know it - as evidenced by growing number of boxes in my office! LOL