How to use Shaving soap

katshe

I am Making shaving soap for my son today. I will be pouring it into a pringles can so ill have round slices...Just wondering how you all use them once sliced

Do you put them in a bowl or container or just in a soapdish?

Do you use a shaving brush or just lather up with hands.

My son just uses bar soap at the moment and uses his hands to lather up.

I am making this a special recipe to help him with his razorburn issues etc...

thanks

Kathy

I have a friend that makes shaving soap. She pours her base into mugs with handles. She also sells shaving brushes with them or seperately. They are adorable and the handled mug makes using the soap and shaving brush a breeze.

She uses regular coffee mugs she finds with different designs on them. You probably have some in your cupboard you've been collecting over the years and never used. Make shaving mugs out of them and you have containers that don't cost a penny.

yep just put it in the mug, it sorta "melts" into the mug as you use it (lots of moisture) I personally do CP so I dont sell them pre-poured into containers because it wouldnt cure evenly but wouldnt be a problem with MP at all.

A 2.5oz soap lasts about 2 months, for my husband.

If you need a brush I have a bunch, they are $5.00 each+shipping, you can see them here

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68677679/beer-shaving-soap-gift-set

I have a friend that makes shaving soap. She pours her base into mugs with handles. She also sells shaving brushes with them or seperately. They are adorable and the handled mug makes using the soap and shaving brush a breeze.

She uses regular coffee mugs she finds with different designs on them. You probably have some in your cupboard you've been collecting over the years and never used. Make shaving mugs out of them and you have containers that don't cost a penny.

Along the same lines, whenever I go to a flea market or auction I can pick up vintage mustache cups...if you've never seen one there is a lip around the inside of the cup so that a mustache wouldn't get wet. Apparently our forefathers all must've been right handed because I have never found one that a left handed person could use.

Along the same lines, whenever I go to a flea market or auction I can pick up vintage mustache cups...if you've never seen one there is a lip around the inside of the cup so that a mustache wouldn't get wet. Apparently our forefathers all must've been right handed because I have never found one that a left handed person could use.

Thats because when our forefathers were growing up and going to school they got the back of their hands smacked hard by the teacher's ruler if they used their left hands.

Thats because when our forefathers were growing up and going to school they got the back of their hands smacked hard by the teacher's ruler if they used their left hands.

Actually, Sister Georgine would put a belt around my waist with my left arm belted down my body....my mom was a lefty forced to write right handed and if anyone remembers "Palmer penmanship" the nuns wrote "left handed" on my papers. I played softball and grew us being called south paw..

oh how horrible! kind of reminds me how I learned to type in 8th grade. Manual typewriters, blank keys, piece of paper covering the paper you were typing so you couldn't look. Lord help you if you forgot to keep your wrists up, that's when tape with push pins got inverted below the space bar, if you dropped your wrists, owie!!

Ok I took this a step further...i ordered some twist up sticks and used that for the shave soap and my son and hubby love it... it seems that they can and are using it without a shaving brush... i think lather would be more robust if they would use a brush...oh well they are happy!!

I just added it to my website..:yay:

• 4 weeks later...

I do scent DH's with a scent he likes...and once in a while with a scent that I like. DH noticed that his blades last much, much longer than when he used the store bought shaving cream...don't know why but it does leave more money for me to spend on FOs :laugh2:

Edited by Pam W

Pam that is a wonderful selling point if you can prove it. I mean if you do a test comparison using a new blade for the regular shaving cream vs a new blade used with the shaving soap. Write down the results of daily use and how long the blade lasted for each. Then you would have some verifiable proof. I think it would be worth the effort.