NG order

So I'm placing an order with NG and this is what I've got so far.... they have so many it was hard to keep it small but I think I did a pretty good job. This is what I went with ...

Baby Powder

Lilac

Frosted Lime Cupcake

Stormy Nights

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper

Black Linen & Amber

Sinfully Hot

Kulu Bay

God's Love

Guardian Angel

New Car Scent

Niagara Falls ( I use this one from Candlemakers but thought I'd try their's as well)

Any thoughts on these? And any others I should try next time?? A couple of these I got just for air fresheners. I used to NOT be a clean scent kinda person, but, I have to admit some of them are growing on me. I think I associated it with all the clean scents you could buy at the store (before I started making my own) and they all smelled like soap. Trying out FO's over the years that were clean have made me appreciate them I suppose. But I still can't stand florals. YUCK!! Yeah I know I ordered Lilac but people want it so what do you do. I do make floral scents, but, I hate doing them.

TIA!!

Lilac throws like a beast in palm wax for me. Have a tester going right now and it is all over the house. Here are a few suggestions that moved well for me at an "accidental" house party this weekend (post about that one later). These were in soy tarts, not candles:

- Red Velvet Cake

- Sun, Moon & Stars

- Blarney Stoned

- Chocolate Covered Cherries

- Agave Lime

Here are some popular ones in palm candles (don't know how they throw in other waxes yet)

- Green Amber

- Black Raspberry Vanilla

- Blackberry Sage

- Butt Naked (of course, LOL! Best seller for Christmas, too.)

- Nappa Valley Harvest (NG type)

Cheers,

Steve

I only sell via internet so customers go based on familiarity with a sent (like Butt Naked or Lilac which are universal) or my scent descriptions or the name. Amazing what a name can do!

I have the New Car Scent and am disappointed in it. Strength and throw are fine but the scent itself is not that unmistakable smell of a new car. If you try hard, you do pick up that scent but to me, that is a one of kind scent and this oil is not it. Maybe you can rename it once you sniff it.

Blarney Stoned sells because of the name. As a scent, again throw and strength are good, but nothing to write home about.

Their Sweet Orange Chili Pepper is all orange. Like the scent but I expected more "fire" notes. I just ordered the one from MCS to compare.

Black Linen Amber is great, complex, pretty and even though none of the notes are fruity, it has an ever so slightly fruity edge. It's not a deep, dark scent as the name might imply. I'm thinking of renaming it as I think it prevents my "clean" scent buyer from considering it even though my description is more lighthearted. As they say, comes alive in wax.

Jacuzzi is a nice clean, scent. Their Cucumber is also very refreshing and great throw.

Good luck!

I sell a lot of Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, but I agree, it doesn't have the fine notes, but it is really a very nice one with a big throw. I'm a citrus lover so this is the bomb for me. I have thought about mixing it with the Salsa fragrance they have, but haven't tried that one yet.

Lilac throws like a beast in palm wax for me. Have a tester going right now and it is all over the house. Here are a few suggestions that moved well for me at an "accidental" house party this weekend (post about that one later). These were in soy tarts, not candles:

- Red Velvet Cake

- Sun, Moon & Stars

- Blarney Stoned

- Chocolate Covered Cherries

- Agave Lime

Here are some popular ones in palm candles (don't know how they throw in other waxes yet)

- Green Amber

- Black Raspberry Vanilla

- Blackberry Sage

- Butt Naked (of course, LOL! Best seller for Christmas, too.)

- Nappa Valley Harvest (NG type)

Cheers,

Steve

Butt Naked(NG) and Monkey Farts(Aztec) sold like crazy for me at Christmas. Reindeer Poo(NG) was a runner up. I think it's all in the name sometimes.

the black linen & amber is great! i love hippy christmas, but rename it. but i must say that my very fav from NG is lick me all over!! tarts and candles are excellent, plus it smells good enough for bath & body. very fruity,but sexy too.

kris

Thanks for your replies. I was a little skeptical on the black linen and amber but read the reviews and thought what the hell, I'll give it a try. As for the New Car Scent I was getting that one primarily for air fresheners...not sure if I'd like that in wax. I've not tried the lick me all over yet, but, maybe on my next order. I could go nuts and have a HUGE order, but, I used alot of restraint and kept it fairly reasonable. My order will be here tomorrow, but, not sure I can wait till it's delivered to the house...might just bring it home with me in the morning.

Um if you don't fall for Green Amber ... I will feel badly for you LOL!

Between it and their new Fierce, plus a few others, I think my nose is on a new high. Not sure what I think of their race car whatever scent it is called, but the rest I got, I do like, some better than others. Now the testing will begin.

Oh and Fierce ... it's good. To me it blends elements of Drakkar and Very Sexy for Him with a tad of Cool water (IMO)

Edited by Scented

Ohh there's sooo many from NG that I love! I've wanted to try the Black linen and Amber one. Is it masculine? I could use a few more good masculine scents. I don't make candles, so can't comment on scent throw. The few candles I have made were with CS scents. One that my hunny loves for his incense is Bamboo Hemp. It's soo green! I love it! I think 99% of my FO's come from NG. Great people, FAST shipping, and I love being able to get alot of 1oz samples!:yay:

Um if you don't fall for Green Amber ... I will feel badly for you LOL!

Between it and their new Fierce, plus a few others, I think my nose is on a new high. Not sure what I think of their race car whatever scent it is called, but the rest I got, I do like, some better than others. Now the testing will begin.

Darn you! lol

Now I gotta go look up the description of Fierce! Been trying to do an NG order all week and the list keeps getting longer and longer. lol

I am so pathetic! :rolleyes2

Enablers!!! ARGH! Now I need to make another NG order! And they just came out with a bunch of new ones. I got the Madame President aroma bud with my order. It's definately perfumey, but my hunny loved it and he's got a picky sniffer. I am really going to have to destash here soon... I think I'm up to almost 100 FO's and definately don't use that many! Most of em were just a sniff than back in the cupboard... ugh! LOL

Darn you! lol

Now I gotta go look up the description of Fierce! Been trying to do an NG order all week and the list keeps getting longer and longer. lol

I am so pathetic! :rolleyes2

Want more suggestions ?:laugh2:

Sun Your Buns is a fun fragrance and I really like Hot Pink Pome

All these OOB, but ...

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper is one of my favourites from them.

I actually received an order from them today and I have completely fallen for

Tea Leaf Papaya

Vanda Orchid

Aloe Vera Clay

They will be good fragrances for me to stock for those people who, like me, just don't get into the sweet foodie scents that everyone seems to love.