searching for An Apple Jack & Peel

Dana

I have been searching for an awesome Apple Jack & Peel. I like NG's but the HT doesn't match up to the crisp CT. Is there one out there that still smells great while burning? I always seem to find that they smell like fuel while burning. Oh, and I need to be able to purchase in at least 5-10lb. quantities. (price break) Any suggestions? TIA

CS is bright and tart. burned well in soy for me (464 w/ECO wicks). Not overly complex.

AH/RE is deeper and more complex with a bit more spiciness (without being a spice). This was very popular in room sprays, tarts, soaps and B&B also for me this past year.

Peak's is OK, but not in my top 2.

I always say this...KY Candle Wax Supply for the exact Claire Burke type.

And I've said this before too...lol. B'nL had this fragrance and I always ordered it from them. Then she went OOB and sold her oils to BCN...I don't have a clue if they carry her version or not. But Vickey at KY has the exact same one and I've been using theirs for years. The hot throw was great in paraffin, Joy wax, KY Perfect Blend and now in my CBL130 from Candlewic. If I decide to start testing again with GB464 it will be one of my first testers because I have several died hard AJ&P customers.

I have the one from NG and IMO it isn't an exact dupe. I had bought the potpourri for my mother long before I ever poured candles and she loved it. When I began this addiction I went to a store that sells Claire Burke products and sniffed 2 of their scents that I wanted to carry...Original and AJ&P. Unfortunately for me, both were carried by B'nL so I had to search for them from another supplier. I think BCN has Original but again...not sure if they carry Lori's AJ&P.

Thank you all for responding! This board is so wonderful when we need some help. I was worried that you guys wouldn't understand my description.....but you all knew what I was talking about. It is so great talking to people who know where you are coming from. Smells is what we do, lol, it does matter to us! So ok. I have been using NG's for years. People are CRAZY about this scent. I love it too, BUT I want the scent to stay the same when burning. I know that is difficult with many fragrances. I have tried CS and Berts to compare with NG's. I was having those candle nose days when trying to compare. They burned well and threw well, but I didn't actually have a candle by candle HT test. Now I am out of oil to do another side by side test. It is good to know many of you liked CS. I buy quite a few other oils from them. How about Berts? Anyone crazy about hers? I made a few testers with hers, but am just not thrilled. Just wondering if it's my nose or if this isn't the true Apple Jack & Peel I am searching for. I do believe I am searching for the Original AJ & P from Claire Burke. I worked in the fragrance/cosmetic dept at JCPenny when this first came out. That is what I have in my head that it is supposed to smell like. It looks like I will have to try AH/RE and again CS!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...