Olive Blossom

Ravens

I found the BNL one at BCN to be kind of on the perfumey side, too much so for my taste but other people seem to like it. I was looking for a scent that smelled like the Russian Olive trees we have here in CO when they are in bloom. I have a tester of OB from Sweet Cakes that smells more like real olive blossoms oob, but it's one of those scents that's waiting for me to get a *roundtooit* so I can't speak to how well it works in a product. :laugh2:

Another vendor that has an Olive Blossom is Cierra Candle Supply. It's on sale right now and I don't know if it's just a sale or a prelude to being discontinued. I haven't tried it but I noticed it was there. I hths!

I love Vervaine Olive Blossom from SGS too

Barbara AL

Hey Barbara,

Does this smell perfurmey? I looked everywhere a few years ago for one that didn't smell perfumey.

I love the smell of the tea olive bushes that bloom here in the south during the spring. I wish some one could dupe it :wink2:

Southern Gal I can send you a sniffie of the fragrance I think is it kind of perfumey and clean. I love the Tea Olive bush I have a couple myself. I had a fragrances a few years ago that smelled like the Tea Olive it was called Osmanthus that is the other word for Tea Olive. I will have to check the fragrance finder for the Osmantus fragrance.

Barbara AL

CS Rain Water smells almost identical to Elements Olive Blossom. Enough that I quit using the RW in candles so I didn't have a duplicate scent. This is what I will use when I run out of OB. At least until I find something I like better.

I have smelled the Olive Blossom at Fillmore Containers. Its very nice OOB and very similar but I didn't get a tester so I couldn't say for sure if its an exact dupe.

I'd like to give Tony's a try. If I remember correctly the Olive Vervaine they carry is one of Old Mills FOs. I loved all the OM oils and still carry a few of them. They are top notch.

Southern Gal I can send you a sniffie of the fragrance I think is it kind of perfumey and clean. I love the Tea Olive bush I have a couple myself. I had a fragrances a few years ago that smelled like the Tea Olive it was called Osmanthus that is the other word for Tea Olive. I will have to check the fragrance finder for the Osmantus fragrance.

Barbara AL

Thank you Barbara.

I found an old post that said Camden-Gray was like the real thing. I went to their website but I couldn't find it. I guess they no longer carry it :(

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to have to try some of these myself. I agree that the Elemetns Olive Blossom was one of my best sellers and was going to post the same question here. I have the BNL version from Bitter Creek but it's not the same. I would say Elemetns is more of a floral and softer than BCN's version.