Anyone see the tarts Walmart is selling?

toypoodlelover

I just got a phone call from one of my best customers and she said Walmart is selling clamshell melts for $2.00 each!!! Warmers for $15.00 and supposedly they are like the Scentsy warmers. She said that Scentsy sued Walmart and now gets a "portion" of all their sales because they were copied on the warmers. I don't really know if that's true or not but she said she bought some of the tarts and says they are VERY good. Guess we just wait and see. Wanted to see if anyone else has bought and tried these. I think I will buy some and see how "good" they are.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Deb

I know my area Wal-mart had two different brands of tarts during the holidays. Better Homes and Gardens and Scentsations (normally found at Hobby Lobby). I tried the BH&G ones because they had a balsam and cedar wood I wanted. It was very good. The Scentsations warmers are neat looking and I debated getting one of those, too. I laughed at the disclaimer on the packaging, "this product is not related to Scentsy"

I sell the clamshells for a lot of my customers that have Scentsy pots. I have been told over and over the Wal mart ones are not strong. Our Wal Mart only carries about 10 fragrances. The only one they say is pretty strong is blueberry. Make your own. They are really easy to sell now that Scentsy taught the US what they are for. Works for me.

Oh, I do make my own, been making them for 11 years now. Just was curious if anyone had tried the ones Walmart is selling. The lady that buys from me said they have an oatmeal raisin cookie that is really good. I'm gonna check it out tomorrow when we go to Walmart for myself. Most of my customers are very loyal and many have stated they would never buy anything I make from Walmart, they say Walmart is just going to try and put every "little" business person out of business. Glad I have loyal customers!

our wally world only has about 6-8 different melt scents, but they also sell simmering oils and oil diffusers. their oils do not really smell like what they are named and are weak. I too have been melting tarts for years. probably since before yanks even got popular. i have tart burners/melters of all sorts all over the house and camper and before the wax tarts, i used simmering potporri!! born to smell i guess!

kris

I am glad Scentsy came out. They had the money to do the advertizing, and had plenty of workers to explain about them. Plus they stuck a high price tag on them and now I am reaping the profits. I made them, but no one knew what they were. They were leary and it was a pain explaining them over and over. Now, they see that clamshell, and it is instant addiction. I love those. I have used them for years too. My sales are going up and I am happy. The problem with Scentsy, is you have to order, and pay shipping. Unless you have a girl that keeps them stocked. They are so happy to see me because I carry them with me. :yay:

I received some of the walmart tarts and have Sugar Plum in my warmer now. I almost always either have something melting or warming, lol!

The scent is permeating well throughout the house and it's been warming since early this morning (it's 8:30p now).

I wouldn't purchase these for myself but I can definitely see people experimenting with these.

The Walmart here had them around x-mas time but I've not seen them since. I looked for them the other day just to see what other scents they had now that x-mas is over and v-day coming up and they didn't have them anymore. I thought about getting one or two to try them but when I opened them to smell they were horrible looking. It looked like they had melted standing upright and then set back up. The wax was all over the place and I thought I sure wouldn't sell something that looked like that. I will check the super walmart next time I go to see if they have any. Maybe they will have some in scents that I can actually stomach. The ones they had at x-mas time were none that I personally would burn. I'm sooo not a pine person!!

Because of this thread, I just had to check these out at my walmart store! lol! They did actually have them at my store in 4 different scents and they didn't smell too awful bad! Couldn't bring myself to buy any to try though since I have a ton of tarts I made that will take me a lifetime to burn them all! :rolleyes2

Quote from Eric's post - Scentsy alleges, imitate the unique brand developed by Scentsy which has caused losses to Scentsy and customer confusion.

Seriously, I doubt that people confused what they were getting at Walmart or Hobby Lobby (as I've seen that brand there) with Scentsy. They may have different designs or maybe redesigned the packaging, but, the ones I've seen are in the same type packaging that we all use. Maybe Scentsy lost business due to them being overpriced and most people figure they were getting a better deal. Hell I'd rather pay 2.00 per pack and 15.00 for a warmer than what they charge anyday. Maybe I just have a little more sense than some consumers, but, no way I'd think Walmart would be selling Scentsy especially when they are under a different name and state they are not affiliated with them.

So is Scentsy gonna try to sue all of us as well since I know from personal experience we who handcraft our tarts, melts or whatever you want to call them have caused them to lose sales. Just based on shows I've seen the handcrafted ones kick their butts in sales. Contrary to what I read on one of their sites where they claim they invented the melts, tarts, bars, bricks whatever. BULLSH!$!! Yankee had them before they came out and from what I've seen other candlemakers were doing it before them as well. It's laughable really :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. Btw, I checked my superwalmart and they no longer had them either.

Edited by pleasureridgecandles

The Walmart here had them around x-mas time but I've not seen them since. I looked for them the other day just to see what other scents they had now that x-mas is over and v-day coming up and they didn't have them anymore. I thought about getting one or two to try them but when I opened them to smell they were horrible looking. It looked like they had melted standing upright and then set back up. The wax was all over the place and I thought I sure wouldn't sell something that looked like that. I will check the super walmart next time I go to see if they have any. Maybe they will have some in scents that I can actually stomach. The ones they had at x-mas time were none that I personally would burn. I'm sooo not a pine person!!

Sounds like a good reason for the store to stop carrying them. They must have melted in the package somehow and the store discovered it or customers complained. If all the melts looked the same the store probably took a loss and is reluctant to carry them.