UPS is pissing me off!!!! I need to vent!

andrealh1975

So, I'm expecting my order from Peak today (you know how we all get when we know that box is coming...although it means we have to do work!!!)...Anywho, I decided to double check the tracking info...I see there was a delivery attempted yesterday and a message that says the address is unknown and they are attempting to confirm it...:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

So, I call UPS and they tell me that they couldn't find my house....

#1 - I get deliveries from them at least every other week

#2 - They parked in front of my house and delivered to my neighbor

during that same time!!! How do I know, they told me, "We couldn't

find your house, but we delivered to your neighbor." I saw the truck

yesterday, but didn't think anything of it, because I thought it was

coming today.

#3 - My actual house number is a light color on a dark background and they

tried to make the delivery during the DAY LIGHT hours!!!

I tell them I will come pick it, but nnnnnoooooo...the woman tells me it's out on a truck. Ok, if you couldn't deliver it yesterday and need to confirm the address, why try again before the address is confirmed??!!?? So I have to wait until it gets back to the distribution center and go pick it up at 8:30 this evening.

They will be getting a piece of my mind tonight!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

they tell me that they couldn't find my house....

What a lame excuse.

My UPS guy isn't much better (I had a good one last year but the one this year is different). I got a box from Peak a few weeks ago. He left it on a pile of snow and by the time I found it there was another pile of snow on top of it. I had to air my waxes out in front of the fireplace because they felt damp (due to the moisture from all the snow).

I think some of the UPS workers just have attitude. I have this one particular driver that has a habit of dropping my boxes on the front porch. Little does he know I can hear the boxes drop before he hits the door bell. Anyway, he did this the other day and it just happened to be 12 cases of glassware he dropped. Before I signed for the pkgs., I asked him to pick up the boxes and shake them. All you could hear was broken glass.:mad: He stood in front of me denying that he did it and it had to have happened in the warehouse before it got on his truck. Now that I've pointed this out to him, he's always balancing the boxes on his shoulder, leg, hip, whatever he can find while he's ring the bell. He knows I've nailed him and he's trying his best not to do it again. What's wrong with these guys that they just can't set the boxes down? If they don't like their job, work for FED EX or deliver flyers or something.

Little does he know I can hear the boxes drop before he hits the door bell.

Same here!!!! I can usually hear the truck when it pulls up, so I'll go to the door and wait so that doesn't happen. But I've had some stuff broken before. USPS drops packages too!!! A lot of times I'm tempted to have certain things delivered to my work address so nothing has to be thrown/dropped on the porch, then I have to worry about lugging a huge box to the car...Sheesh!!!

I used to have a guy in jersey that would (and Im not joking) pull in my front yard and throw the boxes from his truck to the doorstep and blow the horn. One day my sister was there (who is a supervisor for UPS in jersey) and witnessed that. LOL next day we had a new driver who ever so came to the door and rang the bell.

I laughed out loud when I read this. This guy must have been a former newspaper delivery person.

Sounds like the mailman from that movie with Chevy Chase, Funny Farm. :D

I have better luck with USPS than UPS. UPS seems like it has been handled rougher than the the USPS stuff. Our mailman brings it up to the door and sits it down and rings the bell.

I'll see if I can top that. I had a package delivered FedEx from Amazon.com they put it in front of my garage door. Which I'm assuming they thought I would notice it pulling up, but they didn't assume I might be home and not see it when I backed out of the garage. Needless to say, Amazon.com is sending me another presto pot and a $20 gift certificate.

I also have a UPS vent! Today I received a case of wax from BCN, which is about 3.5 hrs away. The box doesnt sit on a truck for days before it gets delivered to me so it should be good as gold when I get it........NOT.

The corner of the box was ripped wide open and wax was broken off of more than one of the slabs. I want to notify UPS, but I had to open the box and use the wax for a fundraiser due in a week and dont know if they will take my word for it. What do you all think???

Pam

Well, I'm back from UPS...I was there for about an HOUR AND 45 MINUTES with about 13 other people, waiting for packages. And of course everyone had a story to tell!!! So after being there FOREVER, the UPS person finally tells me that the package was delivered to my house!!!! Now remember, yesterday they couldn't find it!!! So, I come home, mind you, the location is about 30 minutes away....I come home and there is no package on the porch, I check all over, no brown box. I call my good friends up, wait on hold for 7 minutes, all for them to tell me that I have to call the sender.

Man oh man!!! So, I'll be calling to talk to Peak tomorrow. I'm thinking about asking them to request a signature when they send my boxes or either I'll just have to be inconvenienced and have it sent to work. Most of them will be a bear to carry to the car, but at least it's something that has to be signed for and I don't think they'll have a problem "finding" my office building!!

I'm off to go lay in bed and read Harry Potter before I'm off to sleep. :rockon:

I live in a small town and we do not have a UPS Store just a local store that takes UPS. He told me that UPS told him that I must package my box so that it can withstand a 10ft drop. I asked if he was kidding. He said NO, and said UPS will not guarantee my package if it will not survive a 10ft drop.

I guess that is why UPS charges by weight and size so you have to have a 2ft square box to ship a 6" candle. USPS only charges by weight, but only up to a certain weight in one package, then it goes to over-weight.

It's definitely that time of year when mail is more than frustrating. Several of the delivery guys are overloaded.

I'm quite thankful though that our regular UPS guy is BACK!! I know get packages at work again instead of some kind of note or something shoved between the door and screen where any Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane, Sue or otherwise can just come by and pluck it right up.

He told me that UPS told him that I must package my box so that it can withstand a 10ft drop.
10 ft? That is twice the height of an average person! (Me anyway.) That's a bit much.
I guess that is why UPS charges by weight and size so you have to have a 2ft square box to ship a 6" candle.
Even if they only charged by weight, adding all the extra peanuts to cushion it for a 10 ft drop would still bump it up to a higher price. Those peanuts may be light but they will add up if you put a lot, not to mention the heavier weight of a larger box.

Andrea, I'm not sure if Peak can send it with signature required since UPS ground normally doesn't do signatures. If I were you, I'd have it sent to my office, then borrow a dolly/handtruck from the office and wheel it out to your car. It would be better than having your box sit in the snow (or melt in the heat in the summer) on your porch.

P.S. Maybe having the big box in your office might help with extra advertising that you make candles, in case not everyone knows.

I know UPS is bogged down this season, I had a package arrive yesterday about 2 hrs late from the normal time my regular UPS man comes to my house. Lately my usual guy has had an attitude, I can hear my patio doors open and a huge thud, he doesn't even bother to knock anymore. That is why when I ordered my husband guitar for x-mas I did Fed-EX so I would have to sign for it but even then it took days for them to find my house, I know I had to talk to the Fed-Ex guy at least 4 times because he actually found me and I live right on a major highway.

To the point though, I had a package delivered to the wrong house by UPS and was told that they UPS driver HAD to find out where he dropped the package off and take it to the correct house. I was lucky that it was at the house across the street from me and when I was walking to check my USPS box I saw it sitting on their porch and rang their doorbell. I told UPS a ear full but we got it resolved. I would call UPS and make them find your package!!

If they DID deliver your package to the wrong house, good luck getting them to help you. This happened to me once and every time we called they just kept saying, "Well the records indicate it was left on your front porch." HELLO? IS ANYONE LISTENING TO ME? IT'S NOT HERE!!! Finally we had to track it down ourselves, the driver left it at 3252 (our house number is 3352) and the lady at that house didn't even have the courtesy to drop it off at our house when we lived right down the road. She said "It's not my problem." :mad:

Well, I've definitely learned my lesson. I'm making sure my packages are delivered to work.

I have Peak involved now and the "missing" package is being investigated.

It's crazy because when I called last night, the UPS people were like, "Do you have any bushes or shrubs? Did you look there?" Why in the hell would the driver put it in/behind a bush?!? I tell ya!!! I'll keep you posted.

Just a suggestion. This is a very busy time of year for all delivery people. It is not uncommon for these people to be working 12 - 13 hour shifts. I try to order all of the supplies I will be needing for the holiday season before December 1st. Before the Christmas package rush. Some pre-planning is involved. But it saves a lot of headaches - timeframes, dealing with snow, etc. etc. We all know how it is when we are scurrying to get ready for a show. Compound that by thousands of customers that the delivery people are trying to do their best to satisfy.

Ideally, it would be great to know what you are going to need in advance, and preorder. For some of us, that's REALLY hard to do though.

Although it is a busy time of year, it in no way gives them the right to throw boxes or treat their customers like crap.

It's a job, just like anything else, and you are going to have busy times and not busy times. Just because it's a busy time doesn't give them the authority to act like asses. No excuses.

Guest EMercier

So what's their excuse the rest of the year?? I've ranted in the off-topic area about UPS. They are horrible! I'm not saying anything else. You can look at my posts and find my post on this topic.