What's in your soap pot this weekend?

LovelyLathers

It is suppose to be a snowy weekend so I am hoping to get a lot made, at least 12 to 15 batches. I just finished rendering 25 lbs of tallow . What a job that was. I have to make restocks of shaving soap, Dead Sea Mud soap and quite a few others. The one I hate most is Pine Tar!. Play around with some new FO's, for a new line I am thinking of carrying. Hope everyone has a great soaping weekend!

25 lbs. of tallow?! Wow!! I can't imagine.. *faint*

I haven't been soaping much, busy with school.. but I had a dream about it last night, so I think it's time to make a batch! :D

The hardest part will be choosing the FO. I already have a recipe planned, trying something with mango butter!

Today was Champagne kisses, Sap Moss, peppermint sore foot soak, colloidal oatmeal and orange peel milk bath, and shaving truffles... I have two more batches of soap to do tomorrow.. white tea and berries and.. maybe orange blossom. Havent decided yet!! I'm making my valentines bath bombs tomorrow if I can find cute packaging... I'm really uninspired this year.

I do have six beer soaps to list tomorrow, and six beer shaving soaps.. and I got 130 shaving brushes.. so that will keep me busy even if I'm not soaping!!

Today was Champagne kisses, Sap Moss, peppermint sore foot soak, colloidal oatmeal and orange peel milk bath, and shaving truffles... I have two more batches of soap to do tomorrow.. white tea and berries and.. maybe orange blossom. Havent decided yet!! I'm making my valentines bath bombs tomorrow if I can find cute packaging... I'm really uninspired this year.

I do have six beer soaps to list tomorrow, and six beer shaving soaps.. and I got 130 shaving brushes.. so that will keep me busy even if I'm not soaping!!

Sounds yummy...I love my white tea and ginger but the berries has me interested. Where did you get that Fragrance from?

The drawback to not being in business is not being able to play with the soaping muses as often as I'd like. I'm pretty sure if I make too much more soap DH is going to start getting miffed. So nothing in my soap pot this weekend, but Thursday night I did do a batch of Juniper Breeze and Water Lily and Ivy in my new molds.

LB shaving truffles has peaked my interest! I never heard of them. I ended up making Patchouli Chocolate, Patchouli Raspberry soap and I love them. I am not a patch fan at all. I did get made a Lavender sage and pine tar. Not as much as I wanted to but I am trying my hand at some jewelry making and I spent way to much time on it. Miss Mori you have your hands full with that many samples! I thought 20 or so were a lot to play with.

Wow, MissMori, you're ambitious to be testing all those fos. It sounds fun and exhausting at the same time.

I did one batch of soap for the V-Day swap with virgin pumpkin seed oil and olive oil. I wanted it to be pink, but didn't account for the green oils. :rolleyes2

Now, I'm tempted to do a just-for-me, over-the-top soap with mango and shea butter. My skin is so dry during the winter.

:smiley2:Can't wait to see pics of all these wonderful soaps. Since I am no where near skilled enough to try any of this, I do enjoy your pictures and posts...please keep them coming!

BTW, the Lemon Poppyseed cp that Lorrie made me for Christmas is freaking amazing...sudsy bubbles of lemony goodness! I got a whole batch for just me, and I've only gifted out one bar (it was the smallest one, I'm coveting this soap). Not sure what recipe she used, but it is super sudsy, ultra soft on my skin, and smells great. You rock, Lorrie!

Linda I never used pumpkin oil in soap what does it add? I love mango butter in my soap especially my facial soap.

Pumpkin seed oil helps the skin maintain its moisture. It would probably make a lovely lotion because of the antioxidants it has, but I was in a soaping mood.

I'm toying of making a salad dressing or dipping oil with some of the pumpkin seed oil: a little basamic (or cider) vinegar, pumpkin seed oil, olive oil, a little garlic, onion, rosemary and such. Cooking destroys the essential fatty acids.

I certainly feel like a first grader in with all you guys. We like CP, but decided to give HP a shot. After much research, we whipped up a batch. After bringing to a light trace, we now have it in the crockpot and it's only in the first stage of the three (that separating look). We going to be using Love Spell from CS and try to do a swirl. We are using Quiet Girls recipe. Will let you know how it turns out. :embarasse

I made some restocks and CP soap on a rope, playing with M&P for valentines tonight.

I to have started making jewelry. I had to put everything away, I could spend 5 hours playing with the wire and beads, when I get caught up it is coming out again:yay:

I'm still waiting for my package from BrambleBerry (it, hopefully, might be here on friday) so I can get some Valentine's soaps made. I did make a half of a batch of Whipped Body Frosting, I got 7 jars out of it. My Sister drives me nuts for the stuff. So maybe next weekend I'll get my valentine's stuff done.

Well I got some hard core soaping done this weekend! I made...

2 batches of Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

2 batches of Oatmeal, Honey & Goats Milk

Sweetgrass

Redneck Beer Soap (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Unscented Buttermilk

Cool Citrus Basil

Ginger Lime

Sweet Pea

Dragons Blood

Endlessly in Love

Pink Sugar

I needed to make a lot more but there's always next weekend!

Wow! How is that going?? What amount of oils do you test with?

I test by doing a 4oz bar of my base recipe. It's going sllllloooooowwwwwwllly.

I made a soap yesterday at my mother-in-law's request. And of course, it's the ugliest baby poop brown color. Strangest thing happened, which has never happened before, the soap broke, actually broke in the mold. Two of the corners broke off. This was before trying to unmold the soap.