Cardboard Risers

sherry

I have some cardboard risers and they did not work for me. I use fabric drapes which slid off. That could be solved by covering them with something permanent. I just couldn't think of anything permanent that would blend with my overall look of my booth. Also mine tipped over easily so I haven't tried them again. I do have a wooden one which I purchased years ago. I find it versatile-can be turned upside down to accomodate bottles or right side up for tins or soap bars. It doesn't get bumped over and the natural wood goes nicely with my overall booth.

Never used the cardboard risers as I felt they would not be sturdy enough to handle much weight and thought they might get alot of wear and tear and not hold up in transporting, storing etc. They maybe of better quality and hold weight and hold up well however imo I just didn't see cardboard being to sturdy. I use wooden risers that my Dad made. They are GREAT, hold weight, and have held up extremely well. And with wooden ones they can be painted to refresh them and cover up any scratches, dings or whatever wear and tear. I have not painted mine as I have covers for them so that's not been an issue for me. I know not an answer to your specific question but giving you another option to explore.

I go pack my stuff in smaller boxes and use the empty boxes and boards to make risers.

first layer is 1 box topped with board

second layer 2 boxes topper with a board

etc.

I then use a thinner drapy material to cover it all.

I have had no issues with stability. Boards pack flat and less empty boxes cluttering up under the table.

Simple and cheap.. like me ...lol

~Johnna

I have used the same set of cardboard risers for 4 years from gershel bros. I cover them with the same fabric that I made my tablecloths from and load them up with soap. Easy to set up and they fold down flat. Never had them fall over or blow over.

I use the 4 step ones for my soaps. I had the same ones the past 5 years. I have never had a problem with them. When they started to look "shop worn" I covered them with white contact paper, it has worked out great. 5324524243 This is what they look like set up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovelylathers2010/5325130202/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovelylathers2010/5324524243/in/photostream/

photostream

Edited by LovelyLathers

I use the cardboard risers from Gershal Brothers. For anyone that does not think these are sturdy they can hold several cases of candles on the 4 step risers and they last for years. To fancy them up I get contact paper from the dollar store and cover them with that. They look great and fold down flat so they are very portable and don't weigh anything.

Here's a couple of pics of the one I use for soap. I bought a pretty green marble contact paper to decorate the riser. Couldn't find any pics of the ones I use for candles. I use 'wood' contact paper so the risers look like they were made out of wood. Its amazing how many people are fooled by them.

post-3620-139458475741_thumb.jpg

post-3620-139458475748_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sherry and dnj. Since those pics I have added lavender tulle draping on the walls of the tent and love them, really dresses the whole thing up. I have no idea what I would do with out those risers. They are lightweight to carry and fold flat which makes it great for the market and shows. Covered with contact makes them easy to wipe clean. I know you will love them Sherry