Leather & Lace

WOW, ALAN I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! So incredibly clean and fresh!

Okay, now that I'm done ooh'ing and aah'ing over it, time to move on.

Yeah, been a while since I posted anything, I haven't actually been in the kitchen that much. Took a week off to do nothing and I think it did me some good, though my apartment is still a wreck. :eek:

My first candle after my hiatus was for me, just me. The FO's used was French Vanilla and Leather, 9 x 3 pillar. Two ounces total of FO if I'm not mistaken, notebook not near me. Ivory IS mottled, the black wasn't. And it was exactly the effect I was going for.

If this wasn't an indication that I need to get back and create my candle art, nothing will.

Thanks for looking and please, I need feedback!

CK

post-736-139458376257_thumb.jpg

Uh, because I'm silly that way??

LMAO

No, this is something completely different for me, I was attempting two different techniques on one candle and both I've never done before. I knew how to do them in theory but since it was a first, critiques aren't bad in my book.

Edited: Because my grammar on my last post would have gotten me arrested by the grammar police! :o

LOL! I didn't mean to be rude when I was confused, just not sure what to give you feedback on!

I like Julie's idea, but I would go opposite and put the ivory on the outsides with the black in the middle... JMO :D

Didn't take it as being rude, hon. Was actually a question I didn't ask myself until after I saw you post it ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

All these ideas for this candle are FABULOUS, THANKS LADIES!!!!

Guess that means I have to order more Vanilla and Leather from Peak's. Oh darn............ ;)

that mottling on the ivory is gorgeous. I really don't care much for the black though, it's in too much contrast i think. I like trish's idea although i would lighten that black up some to maybe a smokey gray and try to do that part with a frosty rustic look and keep the ivory sections mottled. Not asking for much now am i LOL

ohhhhhhhh Candle Kitty, I'm sorry but those look like beautiful mottled candles that got dipped in INK! I really don't like them at all. The color and motteling of the top is just beautiful, but to me it's definately beauty and the beast.

** Dodging the flying presto pots

WOW, ALAN I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! So incredibly clean and fresh!

Okay, now that I'm done ooh'ing and aah'ing over it, time to move on.

Yeah, been a while since I posted anything, I haven't actually been in the kitchen that much. Took a week off to do nothing and I think it did me some good, though my apartment is still a wreck. :eek:

My first candle after my hiatus was for me, just me. The FO's used was French Vanilla and Leather, 9 x 3 pillar. Two ounces total of FO if I'm not mistaken, notebook not near me. Ivory IS mottled, the black wasn't. And it was exactly the effect I was going for.

If this wasn't an indication that I need to get back and create my candle art, nothing will.

Thanks for looking and please, I need feedback!

CK

Lovely looking candles!

Blessings!