Thoughts on Save on Scents?

Melby223

I've always loved them. They are one of the only places I order from actually. Good quality, decent prices. Great variety. I've never seen anything bad said about them what so ever. I like their Dupes a lot.

If you do a search on here for SOS you will find many threads discussing every one's opinions and experiences.

(p.s. I only do MP, bath & body and wickless, so it may be different with the CP and candle folks though.)

Edited by blazerina

I was excited when I saw all the cool choices...but I never re-ordered after the samples I ordered. I had emailed a few times asking for a real description of a scent, that happened to be named my last name. I got an email saying they would get back with me and never did. If I buy several samples from a supplier and not one appeals to me I just won't order again. That's just me...

If you are looking for perfume dupes like Shalimar, Opium, etc. it is the only place that I have found that has dupes that smell like the original. I am not a perfume fan, but a lot of my friends are. I have only used their scents for bath and body. Haven't tried them in my candles or cold process soaps.

I'm looking to mostly do solid perfumes and tarts, I was looking most at there perfume type dupes I saw there huge list of VS and BBW dupes but they all seem to have mixed reviews so I'm going to keep looking around for VS and BBW dupes. I was just hoping that there were some good experiences with the perfume dupes cause that is what I am mostly looking at right now.

• 3 weeks later...

They rip you off with cutting their FOs so when you purchase the "extreme" concentrates, they are usually the same as the regular concentrates from most other suppliers at usually more than double the cost.

They also messed up my order and said they would send some free samples for my inconvenience but that never happend and when I asked about it, they said they would make certain to send them right out and still nothing.

With that said, they offer some hard-to-find FOs.

I live in NY, and have not yet tried them. They are not far, but the prices of a lot of their scents are more than I currently pay. They are seemingly offering free shipping on FO orders over $100, so it may be something to consider, but, anything other than the reg strength is a LOT more money....

Guest Expressive

They do have some issues.

They recently sent me a sample of Fierce A&F TYPE but it wasn't on their website. I mentioned this to them and they were repeatedly thanking me for letting them know.

Makes me wonder if they were about to discontinue it for now having any sales on that item he he.

So far they are the only supplier I've worked with, but I've been happy with what I've gotten. (other than Essentials, the fragrance store here in town which I can't afford for candle quantities)

The reason I've only gone with them is that I am doing this because I like to blend my own scents. They have a larger selection of one note scents than most other FO suppliers and are the only place I've found that has all of the ingredients I've needed for my scent recipes. I love that they have reviews and you can tell if you're getting a sweet powdery lavender or a leafy one (for example). I've only gotten the basic strength so far, but it gave a good scent throw. It's not the extreme fill your house when you burn it level of scent, but it's a noticeable background note, which is exactly the level I wanted to achieve so, again, I'm happy.

Now the scents I've worked with so far are things like cypress and oakmoss so they're probobly pretty easy to get a good scent with. I also used honeysuckle, wich could have been a light floral that faded quickly, but it stayed nice too. I'm excited to try citrus scents next as they're another that tend to be a fleeting top note & could disappear easily.

• 1 month later...

How do you know they cut their oils? Is this an assumption or have you had them tested ... or what?

They rip you off with cutting their FOs so when you purchase the "extreme" concentrates, they are usually the same as the regular concentrates from most other suppliers at usually more than double the cost.

They also messed up my order and said they would send some free samples for my inconvenience but that never happend and when I asked about it, they said they would make certain to send them right out and still nothing.

With that said, they offer some hard-to-find FOs.

For reasons I don't recall, SOS sent me some 2 oz freebies, out of the clear blue sky. I can't remember the guys name, but he emailed me and told me to pick 6 or 8 or however many. This has been maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

So I picked all types since that's what sold well for me at the time.

I used them in wickless in 6 oz tureens.

Not a single one was worth the wax I wasted. They had ZERO throw, hot or cold. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

If he was hoping to gain a customer, he failed.

Depends what you want to use them for. I found their scents to be weak in wax, but others here use them I believe. Are there particular BBW scents you're looking for? We might be able to suggest other places for you to get them.

That has been my experience too ... very weak and it is actually a supplier that I won't use again. If I am paying premium postage for oils to be posted to Australia I want ones that are not as weak as the ones I bought from them were.

I never could get past their crazy pricing pyramid and membership garbage. Why bother with that when other suppliers don't have you jumping through hoops to order from them. We get enough of that overly complicated $h!t from the IRS.

I've never had any problem with my order, or with customer service. I use several of their FOs for soap and B&B, but haven't in candles.

I don't order a lot, never even considered the "membership" thing (don't even recall ever seeing it), but their prices are still good and their fragrances delight me.