Anyone heard of this scent?

lovemylabs

Burnt Orange Patchouli? I have Orange and Patchouli EO's, but what would the "burnt" in the description be? If I were to use only these two EO's ... would you suggest a 50/50 mix or whichever scent I want to be dominate? Oh...also...would I get DOS with this combination?

Have not heard of it specifically, but wonder if the burnt part may be a nag champa or cedarwood or even a vetivert? When thinking FO my mind shoots to dragonsblood, but that may be too smoky and less burnt.

To test out the proportion, you could take a q tip with a drop of each EO and seal it in a mason jar for a day. If it's too much of one thing or another add another q tip with the one you want to stand out. Just keep notes on how many drops of each eo you added to the mason jar. Easy peasy.

50:50 on orange/patch I would think would drown out the orange. Patch can be pretty strong in blends...

Off hand I wouldn't think orange or patch would make a balanced soap formula with stable oils any more prone to DOS.

HTH

Thanks Chris. Haven't gotten around to blending and testing this yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I appreciate the suggestions.

Oh... TallTayl...you are right. Found this fragrance in a soap and sure enough it's got cedarwood in it. So that must be the "burnt" part of the blend. (You're good!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lovemylabs!!

I just did a burnt Orange Patch!! It is very nice! I used BB's Smokey Patchouli and Orange 10x.

Chris is right though ~ the Orange WILL fade out if you use it 50/50. I used 75/25, orange 10x was the 75. With this combo. you can smell both the smokey and orange notes!!

HTH, Vanessa

Hey Scented...nope, it's definately called Burnt Orange Patchouli. But I am curious to know what Blood Orange smells like and if it's similar in anyway. Also thanks Chris and vberkesch...I jotted down the info on the percentages...now lookin' forward to trying this. Thank you!

Sanguigno Orange Patch Scent Works

If you stay in Rome, chances are your morning orange juice will be from the Blood Orange. So called for their surprisingly red flesh and deep red juice, the popular Sicilian Sanguigno variety have been described as a spicy berry orange.

Grounded in, and balanced with, the warmth of patchouli and a hint of fir, our Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli™ fragrance oil will make your mouth pucker and be deeply satisfying to your senses.