Pour pots...

Hen-n-Chicks

it depends on your wax.. for soy wax, I wipe my pot out with paper towels as well, and then wash with soap and water and let air dry.

I'm not sure how I would deal with other waxes that are not as easily cleaned... but I have seen people turn pots upside down on a baking sheet lined with parchment and "bake" them, the wax slides down the sides onto the paper and it "cleans" the pot. Wipe it clean again with paper towels and its pretty darn good to go.

I'm new to this also. It's fun, isn't it?!? With mine I just heat my oven to 170 (that's the lowest mine will go), line a baking sheet with tin foil, put my pot upside down, plus my metal spoon, and leave it in there just long enough for the wax to melt. Then I wipe off any residue left over with paper towels.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what we have been using for several years, and works great with anything to nuetralize scent.

Paper towels to get the wax out, (in my pouring pots I use the heat gun to get every drop I can out first), then baby wipes. Works like a charm. Baby wipes work on taking candle dye off counter tops also, (or my hands), and anything else off.

We buy the big containers of wipes in the cosmetic section of Walmart.

Someone told me I was wrong to use water on my pots but I always have..when I empty my presto pots, I fill it with water and bring the water to a boil, then I turn the spigot on to release the boiling water into my pour pots a swoosh and dry with paper towels, when I'm done, everything I used is clean including the presto pot.

well, i have heard the baby wipe one before but i have never heard the upside down oven thing.......after i pour some candles i put my pouring pot back into the boiling water and squirt germ-x (the green one) in my pot, when it starts bubbling grab some paper towels.....it not only gets out the color but the previous fragrance as well due to the alcohol in it. i have never used water either. good luck :)

Someone told me I was wrong to use water on my pots but I always have..when I empty my presto pots, I fill it with water and bring the water to a boil, then I turn the spigot on to release the boiling water into my pour pots a swoosh and dry with paper towels, when I'm done, everything I used is clean including the presto pot.

When you are done with the hot water where do you pour that? Hope your not pouring it down your drain cause it sounds like you are using the hot water to melt the wax.:confused: Sooner or later it will clog your drain.

I have never washed a pour pot or metal mould in soap and water. I melt down what's in the bottom of the pot if its solidified, tip it into a spare mould, and heat gun the pot before wiping it out with kitchen paper towel. I don't see the point in washing them out, its too much like hard work and I know I would end up blocking the drains! :0)

Anjie,x.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use a heatgun to clean out residual wax. I pour remainder wax into small tart molds for chunking later and then heat gun the pot to warm up and wipe with paper towels. Never need more than 2. Start with the outside first then finish up on the inside.

I used a hard plastic cup (holds about 6oz) for my small pours like for tarts and votives. I buy the 6 pack of paper towels every week when I grocery shop. I also stock up on dish liquid, it cuts the grease right out of the plastic cup I use and it takes away the FO I previously used.

Not trying to be an a$$hole, but have you considered mixing FO and colorant in your pour pots? I spent a year pouring oil in a measuring cup and weighing it, just to weight it agin in the pot. Do you get what I am saying? If you pour it pure, you only have to clean pots? Does this make any damn sense? Let me know. Thanks.

B