Need to fix Green Irish Tweed

FarmerJill

Okay, apologies to those of you who love Green Irish Tweed but.....ugh! So I'm sitting here with a batch of CP soap that I can't stand to smell, plus it turned out ugly as sin. Saturday morning this sucker is gonna be shredded and confettied into a batch of something else. But what fragrance to use in the other batch? Something citrusy like lime or even coconut lime? Or heavy like sandalwood or bay rum? I know I should try to complement the fragrances rather than just overpower it but Green Irish tweed is pretty strong.

Ideas, anyone?

Personally, I like Green Irish Tweed. Over time the fragrance calms down and it is not overpowering. Customers like the clean smell and its always nice to tell them the this was a fragrance designed for Cary Grant (for those that remember Cary Grant). Just hang on and it will be ok. HTH.

Steve

Thanks anyway, Steve, but its had a few months to calm down. Into the cuisinart it goes...heh heh heh (that was my evil laugh)

Maybe it's just my version - from Oregon Trail. We all think it smells exactly like Irish Spring which was single-handedly responsible for driving me to unscented soaps years ago.

Into the cuisinart

Into the cuisinart

Into the cuisinart it goes

Heh heh heh

Well the deed is done. I dumped the shreds into a batch lightly scented with Mint 'n' Herbs/Lime EO/Patch at a ratio of 2:1:1. Sounds weird, I know, to mix all that with GIT but smells darn good.

Thanks for the help, even if I didn't take your suggestions (a problem my mother knew all too well :cheesy2:)