Our CS Order Came!!

lovemylabs

Coconut...let us know how the Nag is...been looking for a really good one.

Karen

Karen, I wish I knew what Nag is supposed to smell like. I have never smelled one. Out of my 16 samples, that is the one I really didn't like. But it is possible that I would not like anyone's Nag Champa because I can't stand anything that resembles a "clean" scent or a perfume scent. I was expecting earthy and woody but it just smelled funky to me. Maybe it will smell different in wax? :tiptoe:

Nag, to me, is among the heavier florals that's been spiced and has a touch of an incense smell in it. It's a strong resemblence to plumeria, but heavier and more perfumy with some spice background in it (my opinion) Isn't that just awful for a description. I personally love the fragrance. Not as much as patchouli or sandalwood or dragon's blood.

When I was a kid I burned a lot of sandlewood incense and really liked it, but OOB this Nag smelled more like a moldy forest floor. Of course, maybe it was my nose because I had been sniffing a lot of samples. I'll take another snort and let you know if I still have that same impression.

Nag, to me, is among the heavier florals that's been spiced and has a touch of an incense smell in it. It's a strong resemblence to plumeria, but heavier and more perfumy with some spice background in it (my opinion) Isn't that just awful for a description. I personally love the fragrance. Not as much as patchouli or sandalwood or dragon's blood.

Honestly I think you explained it pretty well. I never smelled it before and it's very pleasant to me. Your right though it's not as good as patch though. I really like the dragon's blood, but of course it has patch in it lol.

Of course all the samples I ordered are making my allergies go nuts so I can't play poo!

Honestly I think you explained it pretty well. I never smelled it before and it's very pleasant to me. Your right though it's not as good as patch though. I really like the dragon's blood, but of course it has patch in it lol.

Of course all the samples I ordered are making my allergies go nuts so I can't play poo!

OK, I took another sniff after work with a clear nose. Again, just OOB. To me it smelled like soap, and to DH, it smelled like an old lady. So, it may be a very good Nag Champa and I just don't like it. I would agree on heavy perfumy floral. I didn't notice the spice in it, but perhaps my nose is off. If someone else ordered the Nag from CS, please do weigh in with your thoughts. I love CS oils and would like to think it is just me!

OK.. heres what I think so far..

Apple harvest... nice oob, a bit spicy, some cinnamon to it. I liked it better in the wax. Havent burned yet, curing.. just poured this morning. I like it alot.. its my first apple (I'm not big into "food" scents, myself) Its bordering on dried apple poppouri.. if that makes sense. We'll see how my testers feel about it

Cake... do not like. DO NOT LIKE. Again, I'm not a "food" person but im just not loving this, at all. in wax or not.

Christmas Hearth- oob it smells good, but not my tastes. I havent tested it in wax yet.

Day at the spa- no. no no no. not for me.

Plumberry - I like it OOB, havent tested it in wax yet. Its fresh, not sure its "holiday" but I like it.

Pumpkin Pie - yes.. not sure I smell the "pumpkin" as strong as some others but I like it, my husband swore i made real pumpkin pie by the smell.

Twigs& Berries - I like it! I havent poured it yet, but OOB I'm a fan.

You poor thing, Jen! :( I don't know what I would do if sniffing FO made me sneeze and stuff. UGH! I'll sniff for ya. ;)

My order should be here today. Yay!

Edited by nmhoneybear

You poor thing, Jen! :( I don't know what I would do if sniffing FO made me sneeze and stuff. UGH! I'll sniff for ya. ;)

My order should be here today. Yay!

I wish I had your nose lol. I got all these samples yesterday and I couldn't stand it and had to box them back up and hide them. This always happens to me in the fall. I'm dreading the halloween box, it might sit for a while until I can open it lol.

Just tried the Apple Harvest today in 6006 wax. I tested it at 8% in an 8oz Square Mason jar and got a really nice scent throw when I tested it in my guest bedroom and then my master bedroom.

I will say that this is not an overpowering scent but it was definitely noticeable and identifiable...and strong enough that the majority of my customers will enjoy this one. In the tart wax this should be an even stronger thrower since that is just paraffin.

Since I have been having a bear of a time trying to find an Apple Cinnamon/Spice that will throw well in 6006 I am now, officially, calling off the search and sticking with this one!

Now - off to test CS Lemon Chiffon. Yum!

HTH

Let your Apple Harvest candle cure some more and see if the scent throw gets stronger.

I just got my new samples today. I like the Nag Champa and Apple Harvest. Gonna put the Nag Champa in wax this week and see if I likey.

Also got the Christmas Hearth and Plumberry. I think my nose needs a rest cause I'm not smelling much from these. Do smell a smokiness with the Christmas Hearth thou but the Plumberry I can't tell until I give my nose a rest. I'm getting a scent like sweet plums that are overripe, almost rotten.

Never bothered to get the cake. I am not interested in a cake scent anyway.

Didn't care for the Day at the Spa. Not the kind of citrusy scent I would want to use. I also got a sample of the Lemongrass and Tea and think I will use this one in soap.

The Driftwood was not strong enough in my soap. I had to add more sandalwood in the mix to get a good scent for my soap.

Also didn't get the Pumpkin Pie. I may try a sample later on but for now I already have the Pumpkin Souffle and my customers are liking this very much.

Also liked the Twigs & Berries. Its a nice earthy berry scent that would be good for fall. Instead, I am using Mulberry for my berry scent this fall. Customers are loving this and I already sold out this weekend and have to make more.

Edited by Candybee

Got my order and liked most of the scents. I could not smell peanut butter at all in the PB Cookies. Has anyone tried this one in soy yet? I really like the Apple Harvest OOB and am looking forward to putting it in wax. Anyone try Christmas Hearth in soy yet? So I guess I am curious how PB Cookie and Christmas Hearth throw in soy. I'll report my findings as I try them.

Thanks!

Jackie-- I use GG palm and put the PB Cookies in that. You can smell the PB but its more of a cookie scent with a touch of PB thrown in to my nose. I debuted my PB Cookie candles this past weekend and didn't sell but one or two. It also seemed to me the scent has changed a bit since its cured and now I am smelling less cookie and pb.:confused: It may have morphed in the wax but it does seem to be less impressive than when I first poured it. It could be casue I goofed and put in too much dye. I am making a new batch tomorrow with a dye correction and will wait til that cures and see if the scent changes in the new candles. Will also have to keep my eye on this one and see how it sells this season. So far its not too promising but that could change.

Haven't put the Christmas Hearth in wax yet. Hoping to do so sometime in the next few days or maybe next week.

Edited by Candybee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just reading this made me go dig up the Christmas Hearth tester I poured on November 9 and light it up.

I like the CT better than I remember so I can't wait to let you know what I think in a couple of hours.:waiting:

I was pouring to test different wicks so I hope the LX works good with the 444. We shall see.