ICS or Candlescience?

RetroMetroChic

I'm wanting to stock up on some Mac Apple and bakery oils for the coming season

and can't decide whether to go with ICS or Candlescience?

I know i love Mac Apple at Candlescience does ICS have a good one?

I know its hard to say because every oil is different but who do you think has the stronger oils. These are only for para-soy wax tarts not candles.

Who is ICS? I am looking for some good bakery scents. thanks!

Elly, go to the Fragrance Discussion. At the top there is a red sticky for supplier abbreviations and links.

Once I started using the MacApple from CS I stopped looking; never tried the ICS oil.

Edited by Judy, USMC

Yes I do love the CS Mac Apple its awesome as well as the Fresh Brewed Coffee.

The ICS Cinnamon Buns is the best also I totally agree on that.

I'm just pondering over should I get CS Hansel & Gretal, Cinnamon Strudel & Fresh Brewed Coffee

or ICS Bear Claws, Caramel Cinnamon latte and Vanilla Frosted Grahams.

They are all so simular and I just can't decide LOL

I love the smell of CS oils but when I tested Hansel & Gretal I was a bit let down with the hot throw, but I may have had Candler's nose that day.

Haha I can see your dilemma. I have had all of those that you have listed and they are all good. If it helps you to decide, I am thinking that CS might be having a sampler sale coming up. They have just introduced several new FO and usually run a .99 sample sale soon thereafter.

Edited by nmhoneybear
spelling

Here's my :2cents:.... imho, I would say that:

CS's Hansel & Gretel's House is okay, but ICS's Gingerbread Cookies is excellent.

CS's Strudel & Spice is also okay, but again, ICS's Cinnamon Buns is a winner.

As for a straight coffee scent, I've used both Coffee Bean from ICS, and Fresh Coffee from CS ... both are great mixers and throw strong.

ICS's Bear Claws and Frosted Vanilla Grahams did not work well for me. However, I loved the Caramel Cinnamon Latte.

I use 6006 with 1 oz of fo per pound of wax.

CS has a Cinnamon Buns that is very strong and true. Its a completely different oil from their Struedel & Spice and much stronger. I'd go with the CB instead.

CS Hanzel & Gretel is also strong and an excellent choice. But its not a gingerbread fragrance. Its a graham cracker and vanilla icing fragrance. Think of the gingerbread houses made out of graham crackers.

If you want a gingerbread scent go with CS new Gingerbread. Its been tested in soy so you know its strong.

OK you bunch of enablers :cheesy2:

Now I want to order some of the ICS scents. Just when I was happy with my CS and NG choices!

I've got to stop reading the FO threads...

Cheers,

Steve

BTW - CS Cin buns is good and strong, and I love the HT with the CS Hansel & Gretel in my feather palm votives.

Edited by Wessex

I can't compare the two because I haven't tried ICS's mac apple, but the one from CS is amazing! I've been working on a fundraiser with aroma ornament air fresheners and have the beads soaking in glass jars. Of the five scents, I can smell the mac apple through the gallon jar whenever I pass the table--even over the red hot cinnamon in one of the other jars!