Reed Diffusers

Toothfairy

I've tried 4 fragrances and 2 have flopped. The two that i have tried have been going strong for 5 weeks now. I use the FO straight up at half oz for 6 to 8 reeds.

Flopped

- Peaks Ocean

- Kangaroo Blue Kumquat

Winners

- Bittercreeks Basil Sage Mint

- Bittercreeks Lemon Pucker

the fragrances should be diluted with DPG. You really don't want to use straight oil as the oil doesn't travel that well up the reeds without being diluted. Mind you it will work but you will probably get better results if you mix with DPG. I made over 200 of these last year for the Christmas season. A great place to get the reeds is : IKEA! You can purchase there bamboo placemats or bamboo shades and cut them from this! Really cost effective this way! just wanted to share

Anyone have any idea where to find the cool lids for the diffuser bottles that the reeds stick out of? I really like that look instead of just a glass bottle with the reeds fanned out. TIA

I used Lilac from KY Candle and DPG and I cut mine in half and put them in a vase that I decorated with beads like this.

beadedbudvase.jpg

I think they are cool and do a great job of scenting.

WILL YOU PRETTY PLEASE.... come over and teach me how to be creative with jars!! IF I did that, it would look worse than a kidergartners macaroni project!!

BTW did I mention those look great!! Good Job!! :)

Well leave it to Wal-mart....I was just there today and has anyone seen the reed difuser kits they have?

They sell them for $9.88. They come with 6 reeds, some glass beads to put in the jar, the jar and 5.5oz of the liquid. The way they package these are:

The liquid is already in the jar which is about 5-6inches tall and 3 wide. Alls you do is remove the plastic cork, drop in the beads add sticks that's it.....

edited to add scents: lavender, floral, citrus and cucumber mix