Marbled Pillar

Jojo T.

Very nice. Almost looks like a cross between a marble and mottle. I use wick pins ;)
You are so right, that's what I was aiming for - I didn't think anyone would notice. I was experimenting to see what would happen. So you wick the candle afterwards - that would make it easier. Ta.

Jojo,

If you pre-wick, just push the wick over & clip it to the edge of the mold. When you're thru with the messy pouring, just pull it back to the center & secure w/wick bar or clothespin. You may have to wiggle it around a little to get it centered if your wax is already setting up but it does work.

I used to use wick pins when I did my marbles, but I've decided I'm not going to use them anymore unless I'm testing.

If you double the length of the wick, leave it loose and then put the wax into the mold AROUND the wick, you shouldn't have too many worries. Just be sure to pull the wick slightly on the occasion to make sure that it stays centered, then when the mold is full of wax, use a wick bar and pull it taut.

This is scented cinnamon and balsam FO, marbled with burgundy shavings. Marbled candles are such fun, but very very messy. What do you all do with your wicks when you are trying to pour the thick lumpy wax into the mold? :confused:

Beautiful! Burgundy Shavings?? how did you do that?

I just wick it like i normally do and pour the wax in around the wick and make sure to straighten it when I am done. Like when tapping it to release air bubbles.

• 1 month later...