Golden Brands - 423 PB Soy Wax TEST'S

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well i tried the pillar to and watched it slowly crack while still in the mold. Back to the drawing board. I have allways liked a challenge and i sure have it with soys,lol. My bf allways knows how to keep me motivated, saying just chalk it up as something you cant do, knowing i wont give up after hearing a comment like that,lol. I will not be defeated so ill get back to everyone once i get this down. Good luck to all who!s testing. Lin

Hi Everyone,

Got my sample of the 423 from jason, and my tarts just came out so purrrfect. I want more. Jason if you could tell me if there is any place i can get it from that would be helpful.

Hi Silverflower,,Could you share what temps you used?? TIA

Ive tried several temps and the darn pillar still keeps cracking and i even added bees wax and still cant get it from cracking. I sure hope jason pops in to help. Sure hope more people are testing the pillar wax and hopfully someone will help us all. Lin

Yes,,you think by now GB would give us some temps since we have all tried different steps. I know Peaks is selling the GB so I went to their website to see what pour temps to use for the 444 and 449,,But Darn it anyway,,they are not selling the 423,,,I have a local supplier for the GB415 Plain Soy and she also sells the 423 BUT she doesnt have the pour temps either,,Im so FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay Im done venting,,thank you,,:P

Well ive about given up as ive tried temps from 200 - 130 and havent had any luck at all with the pillar. I added bees wax and also tried a water bath as it suggests on the gb site and that didnt help either. I have one still in the mold i put in the oven to keep it from cooling to fast and im finished. Ive tried so many things my sample wax is a mess now. If the last one is any better ill let you all know. I hate to admit defeat but with this wax i guess i am. I just dont know what else to try. Lin

Hello everybody,

I would like to thank all of you for your feedback on the GW423. It seems that this wax needs to be re-blended. We have had this wax back in the lab for a couple of weeks and it seems that we have narrowed the problem down to a couple of things. Now it is time to make some pillars and burn, burn, burn. Do you all hate testing as much as me? Lol. Anyway, I will post on this board when we feel comfortable in the new blend and will be more than happy to send all of you fresh samples. You have all been great help and I appreciate your time and opinions.

The following distributors are carrying our new container blends.

Makes Scents Candles

At Wix End

Gateway Food products

Millcreek Candles

Wix-N-Wax

Peaks Candle Supply

I will be in touch soon with the reformulated 423..

Thanks,

Jason

Thank thank thank you Jason!!! I was getting frustrated there LOL,,,,

Hello everybody,

I would like to thank all of you for your feedback on the GW423. It seems that this wax needs to be re-blended. We have had this wax back in the lab for a couple of weeks and it seems that we have narrowed the problem down to a couple of things. Now it is time to make some pillars and burn, burn, burn. Do you all hate testing as much as me? Lol. Anyway, I will post on this board when we feel comfortable in the new blend and will be more than happy to send all of you fresh samples. You have all been great help and I appreciate your time and opinions.

The following distributors are carrying our new container blends.

Makes Scents Candles

At Wix End

Gateway Food products

Millcreek Candles

Wix-N-Wax

Peaks Candle Supply

I will be in touch soon with the reformulated 423..

Thanks,

Jason