Fragrance oils for fall?

theresa t

I use GB 415 and I am wanting some strong fragrances and different scents this year. I normally go with cinnamon buns- need a really strong scent for this one and haven't really been able to find one yet, homemade apple pie (KY is my fave on this one), pumpkin apple butter (NG), pumpkin souffle (CS), Vanilla Pumpkin Pie (candlechem is my fave for this), looking for a strong cinnamon (usually have trouble with wicking this one).

Anyone used Carrot Cake from KY?? I bought a Carrot Cake from Gloria (sockmonkey) that was excellent and I normally don't like this scent so am looking for another really strong Carrot Cake b/c I sold out of this as soon as I put the candles in the shop!

Would like some suggestions on cranberry scents, cinnamon pumpkin types, minty/wintery types, apple/cinnamons, banana nut bread, gingerbread, ciders.....anything that is hot for fall. It's been a while since I've done much in the way of fall scents so am just wondering what fragrances any of you would suggest along with suppliers. Would like to get started with ordering some samples to try out to see which ones I really like. Any suggestions would be great! TIA!!

Edited by theresa t

Kys Sugar Corn Pudding was a hit last year. Still asking for it thru the summer. Millcreeks got some to die for. Their Gingerbread, doesn't smell like gingerbread to me. I call it Praline Dessert and it flys off the shelf. Incredible scent through. The cinnamon vanilla smells like a real Snickerdoodle. NGs sugar cookie in soy smells like the best buttercream icing. Yum. Pumpkin Souffle from CS is good, but I add cinnamon and make it much better. I mixed my own pumpkin pie right off the recipe book. But this year they cut sweet milk, which made the pie smell like it. The only one that has it, is KY and it doesn't smell like Eagle brand milk. Not the same. So I am looking for a good sweet milk. I guess these are my tops for fall. :yay:

I use GB 415 and I am wanting some strong fragrances and different scents this year. I normally go with cinnamon buns- need a really strong scent for this one and haven't really been able to find one yet, homemade apple pie (KY is my fave on this one), pumpkin apple butter (NG), pumpkin souffle (CS), Vanilla Pumpkin Pie (candlechem is my fave for this), looking for a strong cinnamon (usually have trouble with wicking this one).

All's I can say is NG's Sinfully Hot. This fo is one hot cinnamon. I use gb415 also, with great results.

Anyone used Carrot Cake from KY?? I bought a Carrot Cake from Gloria (sockmonkey) that was excellent and I normally don't like this scent so am looking for another really strong Carrot Cake b/c I sold out of this as soon as I put the candles in the shop!

Does Sockmonkey still have it on her website. I like MC's carrot cake. You can smell the cream cheese icing.

Would like some suggestions on cranberry scents, cinnamon pumpkin types, minty/wintery types, apple/cinnamons, banana nut bread, gingerbread, ciders.....anything that is hot for fall. It's been a while since I've done much in the way of fall scents so am just wondering what fragrances any of you would suggest along with suppliers. Would like to get started with ordering some samples to try out to see which ones I really like. Any suggestions would be great! TIA!!

Cranberry marmalde from cs

orange cranberry muffins from ics.

banana nut bread from mc.

artic air from mc. Minty

Gingerbread latte-backwoods. Awesome, I want to drink it.

spicy gingerbread & gourmet sugar cookie from mc mixed 50/50. Awesome mix.

I also mix spicy gingerbread with cinnamon sticks both from mc. Another awesome mix. I think 50/50.

Sugared spruce from ics.

Sugared spruce from ics mixed with mc's cinnamon sticks. I sell a boat load of this scent in the fall/winter.

butternut pumpkin -lonestar

autumn lodge-lonestar

chestnuts & brown sugar-mc

creme brulee-mc

balsam & spice -mc

dried apple wreath- tenn

cinnamon frosting- tenn

bear claws-ics --Major wicker upper.

vanilla frosted grahams-ics

I'm getting ready to order

hot maple toddy

vanilla buttercream crunch

caramel cookie

All from ics.

I haven't tried the KY Carrot Cake yet (it's on my very long list of FOs to check out!) but I did pour the Iced Carrot Cake from Elements (I think it's a FOH scent) last weekend. I'm really looking forward to burning this one, it seems nice and strong & spicy. I've been looking for a really super spicy carrot cake and I may just end up blending one by adding cinnamon to this one. After I check out the KY of course!

:laugh2:

The ones that my family and testers loved was Autumn Harvest from Elements and Peaks Caramel Apple.

oooh, I want to try the Elements Autumn Harvest, is the hot throw good for you in your wax? IIrc you use 464, don't you?

oooh, I want to try the Elements Autumn Harvest, is the hot throw good for you in your wax? IIrc you use 464, don't you?

Yup, I use 464. Although I've been working on a blend to stabilize the wax better.

I thought the hot throw was very good and that was using straight soy with Eco wicks. I'm not particularly fond of bakery/food scents and I even thought it was nice. Have to check my notes but I don't think I wicked up because of the cinnamon. Need to pickup some more to test with the blend. With which I'm liking the CD's. Ah, the never-ending joys of wick testing. :cheesy2:

I used all of the FO that I had or I would send you some...

ETA: WhooHoo just noticed that I'm no longer a Drip I'm now an Enigma!!! :yay:

Sorry, been up since 0430 and sometimes easily amused....

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I was really disappointed with Elements Iced Carrot Cake. It's ok, but not as good as some others (ng). The fos really need significant cure time in my 70/30 before they develop real depth; so I kinda am looking at my ususal sources that come out of the chute strong.

Steve

I was really disappointed with Elements Iced Carrot Cake. It's ok, but not as good as some others (ng). The fos really need significant cure time in my 70/30 before they develop real depth; so I kinda am looking at my ususal sources that come out of the chute strong.

Steve

Ahhh, I'm beginning to see your point! Week two after pouring and nary a hot throw to be found! :cheesy2: I liked the Iced Carrot Cake oob and when I was pouring b/c I could distinctly smell all the different parts, the cake, the spices & the icing. Steve is NG's CC spicy? Other than Elements the only other one I've tried has been Lonestar's and that one was a bust.

Have you tried the one from Peaks? Its super strong and I can really smell the sweet sour cream icing and carrot cake.

I haven't tried that one yet. It's weird, maybe it's because I have too easy access to them but I've only bought a fraction of my overall FO purchases there. I know their products are good and I've only ever had great service from them, I get my wax and containers from them but I sort of keep searching "out there" for THE perfect scents. :o