trying to choose a lotion base

katshe

Oh my...I am trying to choose a lotion base...Natural goats milk, yogurt or soy lotion base...they all have same ingredients just each has addition of milk, yogurt or soy.

I have never used anything like these bases before so if yall could give you opinions that would be great!!!!!!

WSP has a fantastic goat milk and honey lotion base. Its been a best seller for me and I also use it myself. Even with their new shipping rate change its still about the same price to ship to me in Virginia. But you may want to compare prices with other suppliers before purchasing. Problem is, can't find their great lotion base anywhere else that has a better price.

WSP has a fantastic goat milk and honey lotion base. Its been a best seller for me and I also use it myself. Even with their new shipping rate change its still about the same price to ship to me in Virginia. But you may want to compare prices with other suppliers before purchasing. Problem is, can't find their great lotion base anywhere else that has a better price.

I am looking at NG's natural bases that you can make different products depending on how much distilled water is added to the base. The base at NG is like 6.00 for 16 ounces that makes anywhere from 32-144 ounces of product. for a lotion it makes 64 ounces- with 16 oz base & 48 oz distilled water. for 6 dollars that is a super price....of course you have to add shipping but that is cheaper cause you add the water.

I prefer a ready made base you only have to add scent and color too. Particularly for a lotion base. I just worry a lot about microbes and germs getting into a base you add water to. I already sterilize everything when I am heating my base, mixing, and pouring into bottles.

I've tried the yogurt & goats milk bases from NG. I personally like the goat's milk better. The only difference I found was that when I FIRST applied the yogurt it felt just a little sticky. After rubbing it in all the way the tacky feel was gone and it was very silky. Both have a very light silky feel to them. I have some of their new soy body butter coming to me in the next couple days. I can't wait to try it, I've heard that it is incredible!

Just received today the Natural Soy Body Butter and the Natural Yogurt Multi-Base lotion. The Soy Body Butter was great. Had no odor to try and cover up and took scent really well. Diluted it 2 oz. of base to 4 oz. warm distilled water. For me it was a great thickness and plan on putting it into jars as I want to call it Soy Body Cream. The Natural Yogurt Base I used 2 oz. base to 5 oz. warm distilled water. Again, no odor which I found with their original Yogurt base had a slight aroma. Took scent really well. I plan on using a pump bottle for this one which is why I diluted it a bit more. It did have a slight "tacky" feel for a few seconds while rubbing it in but quickly went away and left a nice feel. I made some in several scents...Baby Graceful (NG) which is wonderful and Green Tea & Ginger (NG) love it!! They are now out to my testers to see what they think. I can't believe it will be anything but positive.

Will let you know the results. Personally I give it two thumbs up. I should have the Omega-3 Hemp lotion from Aquatech tomorrow so we'll see how that is. I hope good as I would like to have 3 different lotions/creams to offer.

Karen

Wow Great reviews guys thanks!! I think Im gonna do the Natural Soy body butter since I am also getting the Natural soy soap base.

It sounds like it will be good of a lotion and maybe i will have to test it for a face eye cream maybe with some added ingredients.

• 2 months later...

I used the goats milk lotion base from NG and did NOT like it. It left a really tacky and sticky after feel. I think I might try it for maybe a spray lotion, but I put the tub I have of it back in the cupboard and haven't used it at all. I prefer the GMH from WSP, and also the hemp from aquatech. Although since it's now going to cost like $42 for a gallon of the hemp I might have to discontinue it. Just way too costly. :(

I used the goats milk lotion base from NG and did NOT like it. It left a really tacky and sticky after feel. I think I might try it for maybe a spray lotion, but I put the tub I have of it back in the cupboard and haven't used it at all. I prefer the GMH from WSP, and also the hemp from aquatech. Although since it's now going to cost like $42 for a gallon of the hemp I might have to discontinue it. Just way too costly. :(

sheesh...now I don't know what to try! I need something that is almost all natural and I thought I'd try the gm since i make cp goat's milk soap.:confused:

I love the soy body butter ( which I call Silky Soy Cream, as it isn't really butter consistency)...It is amazingly silky and smooth and it sells VERY well for me..People now pick that over my own homemade and all natural whipped shea body butter..

I love the soy body butter ( which I call Silky Soy Cream, as it isn't really butter consistency)...It is amazingly silky and smooth and it sells VERY well for me..People now pick that over my own homemade and all natural whipped shea body butter..

I read the reviews on that base and others say that is is not sticky I am wondering how much water you put in it and how you mix it ?

I added lots of water even wetted my hands after i put the lotion on and still it was very sticky...i m thinking maybe they sent me the wrong base.

I purchased the satin & silk lotion from wsp and I have been using it for three years now my customers love it ...I would like to change to something more natural though

Edited by katshe

I read the reviews on that base and others say that is is not sticky I am wondering how much water you put in it and how you mix it ?

I added lots of water even wetted my hands after i put the lotion on and still it was very sticky...i m thinking maybe they sent me the wrong base.

I purchased the satin & silk lotion from wsp and I have been using it for three years now my customers love it ...I would like to change to something more natural though

For the cream like consistency I mix 2oz of base with 4oz of water.

I did try it straight out of the jar as a body butter but I found it to be sticky. Once I got the water right, it really is lovely.