Samples email is going around again

There's a gal that sends out blanket emails with "exciting news" about how she's going to be doing amazing amounts of B&B baskets and wanting samples of everything I make. I've gotten them before over the years and have either deleted them or sent something about how I'm a one woman business, too much money, etc. etc, blah blah blah.

I was just about to delete this one and then decided to mess with her.

I emailed back:

I will sell you sample sizes of my products for $10 each.

I am eager to hear back from you!

:yay:

So far, I haven't gotten a single check in the mail........

Yep!

Here's the email she sent to me. Anyone know her?

Subject: Sales Question Regarding your Facial Products

I'm putting together a lot of gift baskets for family members and work associates

for events in 2010 and a bunch of them in 2011. Many of the events are centered around taking better care of oneself and learning to relax and take it easy and I am planning on including a variety of spa items in each basket.

I'm wondering if you ever mail out small samples of your products so a consumer can test them out before they purchase anything?

I'd really like to put products in my baskets that I've sampled myself and am interested your Bath, Body and Face products!

I make baskets for events all year round and am always looking for stellar products.

Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you!

Christianne Amato

(Richboro, PA)

I've gotten something similar on my etsy site from a couple of people who say they do reviews on youtube. I found it funny that one of them told me she was a huge fan of my products, and in the same message that she wanted to sample some of them before comitting to buy full size. Um...hello? How are you a fan if you've never tried them? When I clicked on her etsy profile a day later to check her out, the profile had been deleted. Not fishy at all!

This email(name and exact text) has been going around for at least six years that I know of, and has been mentioned on forums that have come and gone, many times. If I hear from her again, I'm simply going to tell her to look at my replies for the past 6 years and quit bothering me. Wish there was some way to report her and get rid of her once and for all!:angry2:

This email(name and exact text) has been going around for at least six years that I know of, and has been mentioned on forums that have come and gone, many times. If I hear from her again, I'm simply going to tell her to look at my replies for the past 6 years and quit bothering me. Wish there was some way to report her and get rid of her once and for all!:angry2:

:) Good one!