1 oz samples,.. anyone else INSANE?

leisa2003

I bought them just to smell.:rolleyes2 I'm so guilty of this!!

It's my addiction,..I just have to smell EVERYTHING!!

It is rediculous when I think about it, because most of them were like $2.50 JUST TO SMELL SOMETHING NEW!!!:rolleyes2

So do you make candles with them for yourself or maybe as a gift,..and just not offer these scents to your line?

ETS: What do you do with your 1 ozer's that you don't add to your line?

Edited by leisa2003

I would say that I make tarts with it, but I haven't yet. I keep planning on it. I have a TON of 1ozers that I need to use/try out. The goal is to get them into tarts, and if I like them, add them to my line, if I don't like them enough to add them, I will either keep them for myself or give them away. I will more than likely try one tart, and give the rest away of each scent. HTH. But I have some 1ozers that I hate-ie: dragon's blood. Ick. It sits there with all the rest of them. I might like it in wax, but haven't tried yet.

A 1oz sample yields 3 jelly jars for me soooo ... if I like the scent out of the bottle, I pour 3 sample candles to test ,,,, if not, I hold on to them for future scent mixing ... if all else fails, I make tarts for my mother-in-law, she likes everything!

I can't seem to help myself either. Every supply order I have to add 1-2 as well. I use them to make small batches of aroma bead ornies. If customers respond well and they sell out quickly I consider adding them, if not, oh well!

LOL, I do the same... tons of 1oz bottles and a hubby wondering what all the tiny bottles are, oh wait, she's making me sniff them again must be something with her business! :)

If I find something I think might work for me, I keep it. If I order something and it really doesn't float my boat even OOB, I try to share with someone else who might want to try it too. Sometimes they pay me for it and sometimes we just swap ounce for ounce for something they might have that I don't.

I don't even want to count how many 1oz'ers I have, its rediculous. I have them all stuffed in a linen closet, no one will open that door because they will all tumble out and hit them on the head! It's truely a sickness! :rolleyes2

Someday I will get around to testing all of them!

• 2 weeks later...

In 3 1/2 years, I can count on one hand the number of 1 ozers that I HAVE NOT poured out of the hundreds I have purchased. I love all scents! I make one pound batches of votives with them and store them in Sterilite drawers from Target or Wal-Mart. They each have 3 drawers which hold 49 candles. I have 9 in my kitchen all filled with different scents. That's a total of 1323 votives if they are all full. I don't sell...just give as gifts and to friends and family and anyone else who loves candles. But I am also very particular about which scents I give away. If I really love a scent, I hoard it. When I have someone over and they start sniffing, I have had to say, "Nope, I can't part with that one" on more than one occasion. Yeah, I am sick...I know. It's my little addiction (okay, maybe a big one :rolleyes2) and if there were a Scentaholics Anonymous support group out there, I would be a prime candidate for it. LOL

Think I may have developed this "habit". Confirmed it today. I bought a giant batch of onesies back in January...and evidently "tucked away" the ones I knew I'd want to keep for me. Long story short: I'm pouring my top picks (all new surprises, as I had forgotten my onesies until y'all mentioned...ty!) and have developed a new Coffee House line for Bliss Street! It must have been a karma thing...was looking for some good coffee scents to pour for a friends bday tomorrow.:yay:

I suddenly remembered why I stayed away from this section for so long...if you are not alreay an addict, please STOP READING this section of the forum or you will be addicted soon and there are already way too many of us for scentaholics to handle :laugh2:

If I really love a scent, I hoard it. When I have someone over and they start sniffing, I have had to say, "Nope, I can't part with that one" on more than one occasion. Yeah, I am sick...I know. It's my little addiction (okay, maybe a big one :rolleyes2) and if there were a Scentaholics Anonymous support group out there, I would be a prime candidate for it. LOL

I am the same way about my favorite FOs, it's not even like I can't get anymore, it's just that what I have is mine, all mine I tell ya! :P

I used to be a Frag Hag on MUA, so I suppose it was logical that I became a FOHO here! :laugh2:

Please, please tell me what MUA is. I want to be a Frag Hag too. :yay:

lol! It's MakeUpAlley.com. There are chat boards there for skin care, hair care, makeup, B&B, fragrance, nail polish, and more. When I started as a member it was just a Makeup and an anything goes board, then they started spinning off boards for more topics, the fragrance board was one of the first spinoffs. I spent a lot of time on the fragrance board to the detriment of my bank account. Not this this new habit is any cheaper! :laugh2:

Edited by mzpickles

Ugh, I have WAY too many 1oz bottles. I don't sell, just make lotions and the such so these lil bottles really last me a long time. If I get one that I don't like OOB, than my fiance gets incense out of it. LOL He is so NOT picky on the scents for his incense. Everytime I get a shipment, he reminds me that anything I don't like he would like incense out of it. I'm really not thinking he would appreciate a bunch of honeysuckle or gardenia incense sticks. HAHA

• 2 weeks later...