Bert's Fragrance Oils

Pierre

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay i have ordered some oils............fig and melon, dark choco mint,redwood and cedar, green tea,grapefruit,blueberry muffin, spicy plum, oak moss.........waiting:cheesy2:

let us know what you think when you get them. I almost ordered the grapefruit and green tea yesterday but decided to wait. I've got enough FOs to keep me busy for a while (at least a day or two!!)

I just ordered some wicks from Bert and while I was at it decided to try out Monkey Farts, French Vanilla and Lemon Biscotti Pie

Can't wait to get these scents in some wax :)

Oh, I have to say that the French Vanilla is so awesome! I have tried a lot of vanillas and this one totally rocks!

Love the Lemon Biscotti Pie too. :)

Great! Thanks mmhoneybear. Iv'e been wanting to try out some new vanillas. I have the CS Very vanilla(which is great) but looking for something different to try...something sweeter.

leenabug. The dark choc mint smells great and is strong in 6006 but if my memory serves me correctly I had to wick up with that one. Same thing with spice plum....strong and very nice scent.

Grapefruit smells wonderful but I have't got that one in wax yet...I'm crossing my fingers I don't get that fuel smell becuase I love that scent....made a great room and linen spray :)

okay I got the oils in! I have poured nothing in wax, this is just my opinion of the scents, straight out of the bottle. ...

Blueberry Muffin---good

green tea-----had no idea what to expect, but doesn't smell like what you drink, more like a perfume type thing?

fig and melon----smells very good

spiced plum----has enough of a wang i think its gonna work

figgy pear-------nasty, reminds me of one i had called berry bubblegum, but some people liked it.....

dark choco mint------------can see why this is strong!

grapefruit-------smells good

the real test is when they are in wax, then burning!

I didn't even know there was a "green tea" perfume! perhaps thats what it is. I poured the blueberry muffin in wax today.........expecting good things.....cold throw is good. gonna let cure 4 days before I burn....

• 2 weeks later...

Green Tea....well whatever it was patterned after I liked it, it threw well and I added it to my line but now it appears to be missing on her site :sad2:

Sent an email to find out the status since I have a large pending wholesale order I may need it for...if it's gone for good, anyone know of one that's similar. I also tried Millcreek's but that one didn't burn or throw well in my jar....

Thx

Brenda

Green Tea....well whatever it was patterned after I liked it, it threw well and I added it to my line but now it appears to be missing on her site :sad2:

Sent an email to find out the status since I have a large pending wholesale order I may need it for...if it's gone for good, anyone know of one that's similar. I also tried Millcreek's but that one didn't burn or throw well in my jar....

Thx

Brenda

I think Lonestar or BCS is the perfumey green tea. I know it's one of the texas companies. I had someone in texas send me a sample & I can't remember for sure from where.

I didn't even know there was a "green tea" perfume! perhaps thats what it is. I poured the blueberry muffin in wax today.........expecting good things.....cold throw is good. gonna let cure 4 days before I burn....

There's a lot of green tea perfumes out there (http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/search_results.html?search_type=search&search=green%20tea&mv_pc=gawus_green_tea_1351_gs_green_tea_perfumes_e&kw=green%20tea%20perfumes&gclid=CKKshseKzqICFQPJsgodRxWAxg) , possibly the best known are L'Occitane Thé Vert (Green Tea), Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (the first green tea perfume) and the Elizabeth Arden product line. Almost all of the green tea fo's I've smelled smell like a green tea perfume to me except the one by Sweet Cakes. That one smells like a freshly brewed cup of green tea! :cheesy2:http://www.fragranceoilfinder.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=green+tea&x=7&y=2

Edited by mzpickles

I have burned the Blueberry Muffin several times, it smell really good, but is not really strong. HOWEVER, NOTHING I am testing right now appears to be strong...........I am wondering, if my window unit air conditioner is sucking the life out of everything! ? Blueberry anything from anywhere is ALWAYS strong, so I find it hard to believe that it is this oil...................Plus the fact that NOTHING I am testing appears strong right now:confused:

NOTHING I am testing right now appears to be strong...........I am wondering, if my window unit air conditioner is sucking the life out of everything!

Same thing happened to one of my customers! Couldn't get a throw in that room but when she moved it to another room without a/c it was fine again.

IMO, Bert's oils are well worth testing. They are an excellent value!

i have also noticed the air conditioner has some effect on my candles..

it is good to see that someone else has noticed that too...

i was wondering if i was imagining it..

i say yes to Berts oils..i have several of hers and love the HT they give in my 415 soy

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

your right, i moved it to another room with the door closed and it stronger!. opened the door and "swoosh" in minutes it was gone! I think central air would not be as hard on my testing b/c the air circulates? I have window units so its an interaction with the outside air, right? The blueberry muffin smells divine! Cant wait to try some of the others..................Life makes me wanna cry right now, so hectic in a redneck way. A garden to harvest and can, a remodeled house to finish, upholstery jobs lined up......aarrggh and music school for my kids starts Monday! WHERE am I gonna squeeze in testing?:(

Gotta idea.............take some to the music school..........:tiptoe:

your right, i moved it to another room with the door closed and it stronger!. opened the door and "swoosh" in minutes it was gone! I think central air would not be as hard on my testing b/c the air circulates?

I really don't know about the circulation. I think it has more to do with how close it is to the air return with central air. I know once the fragrance gets to the air return, gets "conditioned," and comes out the vents there is no noticeable aroma.

There's another theory that the fragrance hangs more in warm air. And since hot air rises - maybe, just maybe, if you got a ladder you'd find a great throw about 6 inches from the ceiling. Sounds like something for MythBusters.

I apologize in advance if this becomes too scientific or boring, but it may very well have to do with AC. In order to cool the air in a house the moisture has to be removed from the air. In essence the AC acts like a dehumidfier first before it can cool the air. "dry" air is less work to cool then "wet" air which is why the AC dehumidifies the air it cools. The reverse is true for heating which is why I have a whole house humidfier running in the winter when the heat is on.

Your house still recirculates air in the winter when the heat is on, its just not dehumidified in the process. IMHO you are correct in saying the scents throws and smells are better in warm air.

Not sure if this solves anything, but its some useless knowledge I picked up a while back that has now proven somewhat useful. :cheesy2:

Well its driving me insane! I have tested scents in the last 3 wks and nothing can I smell for very long.........its like it gets swept away!

getting a ladder and sniffing the ceiling area now......................lol!:P