Candle Science Order!

Yay! :yay:

My candle science order just came in! I ordered a bunch of 1oz FOs to test, this is my first time trying their FO. I am so excited to see how they do in my wax!! I have heard good things about them and hope to see for myself!

Any particular favorites?

Well....

baby powder, cinnamon stick, clean cotton, coconut, cucumber melon, mac apple, peach, creme brulee, cool citrus basil, cotton candy, banana nut bread, bird of paradise (I have NEVER tried this scent before... out of the bottle it smells niiiice!:) ), sweet pea, love spell, lavender vanilla, himalayan bamboo, pumkin souffle, christmas tree, very vanilla and buttercream.

I have bamboo from Aztec and I really like it, but CS bamboo seems a little sweeter, not as woodsy....

Not too sure if I like cool citrus basil at all though....

I use a lot of their oils but my big sellers right now are the Strawberry Shortcake and Coconut Lime.

I just added Watermelon and Sex on the Beach so I will see how those sell this weekend. They all smell so yummy!

Edited by Candybee

Candle Science and Peak's were the first two companies I ordered from, and both are top notch in service and quality! CS oils I love are Strudel & Spice, White Tea (different from Candlewic's), Very Vanilla (rich and buttery), and Apple & Bourbon (mostly apple w/a sweet woody note). Their Smoke & Odor Eliminator smells like a Bubble Gum and Clove mix, but really works! (I have 3 dogs, and my daughter's also part of the week!) I really want to try the Fig Tree, Angel Dupe, and Mac Apple, and maybe Sweet Pea & Vanilla. I have mixed Very Vanilla with Bluegrass Mountain Jasmine, and all family members love it! Also, VV, and BG Peppermint. But, the best use for Very Vanilla is by itself, as a warm, relaxing treat! I do use soy, have worked with both 415 and 464. 1 oz. per pound is enough. CS is one of the best!!

I can't believe I forgot their Pumpkin Souffle', YUM YUM YUM, and did I mention YUUUUUUM???

Edited by smallwhitedogs
forgot Pumpkin Souffle'!

Pumpkin Souffle, Mac apple, Lemon Chiffon, Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Cheesecake, Smoke and Odor Elim(really does work well), Love Spell, lemon Verbena, Red Hot Cinnamon, Strudel and Spice, Very vanilla, Sunwashed Linen, Apple Jack and Peel, Cranberry Marmalade(my most favorite cranberry anywhere)

IMo the Pumpkin Souffle and Mac Apple throws the strongest(I use 6006) They all throw great actually but those 2 seem to be the strongest.....Love Spell is another strong one.

You can't go wrong with CS....great customer service, fast shipping and top notch products and they don't gouge you with high shipping fees :)

Blueberry Cheesecake, Violet Lime, White Tea & Berries, Chocolate Fudge, Palm Tree, Fig Tree, Basil & Herb, and Hawaiian Breeze are some of my favorites :) And I also love the free sample with every order and yes, shipping is fast!! I live right outside PA and usually get my order within 2 days. Can't beat that with a stick :)

For candles, so far my favs from CS are mac apple and cinnamon buns. Both have great throw. Think I'll go light my mac apples up, now that I think about it!!

I've tried very vanilla and buttercream in B&B products and like both. Rain water's nice, too.

Edited by candlemama

Talking about CS's Macintosh and Cinnamon Buns ... I mix them together ... 1 part Macintosh to 3 parts Cinnamon Buns ... makes for a nice bakery scent.

Also, I just tested CS's Vanilla Lace ... beautiful scent ... strong in 6006 at 8%; 4 day cure.

Mac Apple and Cinnamon Buns sounds like a great combo.

I have mixed the Mac Apple with the Cinnamon Stick or Red Hot Cinnamon with a nice result.

The Apple would probably go great with Struedel and Spice too.

I also use 6006 so thanks for the tip Candlebuddy :)

The Vanilla Lace is something I have not tried yet.....next on my list on next order.

The Black Cherry fo is another one that has a great throw in 6006

dnj, I think you're right, mixing Macintosh with Strudel & Spice would be really nice ... I'll have to try it. I mix Macintosh with cinnamon too; customer love it. Here's a couple other mixes I use with Macintosh ...

Macintosh + Brandied Pear + Cinnamon Stick or Red Hot Cinnamon ... I call it Sweet Apples & Pears; it sells like crazy in the fall/holidays.

Macintosh + Christmas Pear (from Berts) ... very similar to the Sweet Apples and Pears ... I either pour one or the other.

Vanilla Lace has an orange note to it (to my nose) when I sniff it out of the bottle ... however, it goes away when in wax. I think this would be a good one to mix with either an orange fo or Lemon Verbena from CS. It's a great fo by itself, but mixing with a citrus would make it pop ... in my opinion anyway.

OOOh that all sounds awesome.

CS lemon Verbena is really really nice...sounds like a great combo with the vanilla.

Everyone loves the Lemon Verbena here....I get some that say it smells like pledge but they love it anyway.

I wasn't going to place an order for another week or so with CS but now I'm not so sure....may be doing it much sooner lol

I cannot get enough of their oils and the fact they ship so lightning fast is a major bonus....I placed an order with Candlewic(for the very first time) this past Sunday for about 10 1oz samples and a few other things and still waiting on that order to be shipped but had I ordered from CS yesterday I would have that package tomorrow....oh well...I'll live and learn lol

Thanks again for the ideas :)