The Candlemakers Store FO suggestions

ah-soy

I agree. Some of the scents are self explanitory of course but he has tons of FOs and only a few out of that ton have descriptions.

I do have to say though the Orange Dreamsicle is awesome in wax. It is the only one I have tried so far out of about 4 other suppliers that had a good scent throw and no fuel scent.

His Cinnamon Stick is another good one.

The CMS staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about their scents; they will describe them for you and explain what makes one gingerbread , for example, different from another. I don't order often as I don't do candles anymore, but I think they do a good job on their bakery scents-blueberry muffins, Hot Orange Danish, cinnamon buns, white cake, etc. They have some good fruity scents, too- Cranberry Relish is one of my favorites. I had other recs. that I lost when my computer crashed. Hope you'll post about your samples.

The CMS staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about their scents; they will describe them for you and explain what makes one gingerbread , for example, different from another. I don't order often as I don't do candles anymore, but I think they do a good job on their bakery scents-blueberry muffins, Hot Orange Danish, cinnamon buns, white cake, etc. They have some good fruity scents, too- Cranberry Relish is one of my favorites. I had other recs. that I lost when my computer crashed. Hope you'll post about your samples.

I get country spice (changed to country store, its a spicy clove type scent, great seller for me), spiced cranberry (i get this in b grade, does fine), candy corn, gingerbread man, maple sugar is great, maple toddy not so much, i couldnt get that to smell after curing for months! or atleast it didnt smell strong enough for me, lol oh, I get apple creek too, and it does great in the b grade.

I use their pumpkin pie. I loved Missy's and tested many others trying to duplicate it when they went OOB. Finally decided to try TCS and I was so happy that I finally found a duplicate. I also use their Grandma's Kitchen and a couple of Christmas fragrances too...Christmas Wreath and Christmas Eve.

I too would LOVE it if they did have descriptions on their site.

I've been wanting to try their Frosty Pear for a while. My neighbor is a teacher and got a candle in this scent from one of her students for Christmas a few years ago. She loved it and asked me if I could find the scent. I've tried a ton of other pear scents and none of them were it. She described it as a Christmas pear type scent...whatever that means...lol. Anyway...I should get on the stick and order a sample and see if this COULD be the one. lol

Their Vanilla Bourbon is great also, tends to be more on the vanilla side but scented the entire house. I also found their Hot Maple Toddy did not throw in my soy wax also. Wish it did it smells good OOB.

I did get a couple of their new fragrances this week, Winter Slendor smells great! And also the Weathered Crow smells GREAT OOB also. I will get around to testing them soon.

• 2 months later...

I called to get descriptions. Tried two different extensions and got recorded messages at both that no one was available. So I sent an email with a long list I'd like info on:

Pumpkin Hollow - obviously should have pumpkin but what else?

Peppermint - sugary candy or strong, burn your nose hairs mint?

Differences between Sea Breeze, Sea Mist, Oceana, Summer Sea, Sun & Sea?

Weathered Crow

Awake

Awareness

Balance

Breathe

Rejuvenation

Relaxation, Stress Reliever, Unwind?

Revitalize

Soothe

Cleansing

Smells of Christmas

Yuletide

Silver Bells

Nutcracker Suite

Silent Fury

Spirit Song

Treasured Memories

Twilight Garden

Dragon's Blood

Egyptian Mist

Fairy Dust type

India Moon

Mind & Spirit

Mojo

That's happened to me a couple of times in the last month or so ... finally, I left a lengthy email asking about scent descriptions too. I got a response email the next day, asking me to call back during office hours; I guess they just assumed that I hadn't called during office hours.

So, I called back the same day, and again, no answer. I didn't leave a voice mail this time. So I'm gonna try one more time.

I'm interested in their Antique Cider, Apple Creek, Country Spice, Fir Clove and Cranberry Relish. Any input of these scents would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Edited by Candlebuddy

I really don't understand if they can tell you on the phone what the notes are, why can't they just put that with the listings. It doesn't have to be an in-depth description. Just "vanilla, cinnamon, other spices" or whatever. The only thing I can think is they don't want people or other companies taking that as a recipe and coming up with their own version. But I suspect it's cost them a lot more in lost customer sales than they'd lose through somebody trying to recreate.

I have their antique cider smells good OOB, will pour it this week. Have alot of testers to pour for fall and the holidays. I think I got about 50 new ones to test from a variety of vendors.

I agree they have great customer service they always go out of thier way when I am there, and lately that has been weekly.

I relented and ordered 'Pumpkin Hollow' because I've never met a pumpkin I didn't like. But I skipped 'Weathered Crow' because something told me it wasn't going to be anything like I thought it should from the name (hay, grain, something Autumnish). I googled the name and the word "candle" and found several sites selling a 'Weathered Crow' that smelled like carmelized brown sugar nuts. I would have been pissed to high heavens (not that they would've cared) because I don't need another food scent.

I did get an email from them asking for my phone number so they can call me and describe those I listed above. I'm not sure I want to give them the time of day now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm testing 'Pumpkin Hollow' right now and it is so far a winner. I rounded a corner into the large room it's burning in and it pleasantly surprised me. I have been having heck getting anything to throw lately for multiple reasons (flippin' soy wax I'm unfamiliar with, air conditioning, drafts, candle nose, etc.). It might have just a touch of butteriness to it, but no spices and no sugar. If more of you people would test this we might find we have a winner in the "plain pumpkin" department! Get cracking!!!:whip:

Edited by Darbla