Curious..How many would sue?

Jokerjen

I wouldn't bother to sue. I would post her name so no one else will send her anything unless it's paid in full. As long as you have the proof of what you are saying (and I'm sure you do), I don't see a problem in letting EVERYONE know who it is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that she is making me out to be that way....

Ok. I was going to say, maybe I need new glasses.:D

I would not worry about what she is saying. She wants to take the heat off herself and make you look bad in hopes that people will forget that SHE screwed you. But I agree with the post a few up, I would post her name so that everyone could be warned.

I would not worry about what she is saying. She wants to take the heat off herself and make you look bad in hopes that people will forget that SHE screwed you. But I agree with the post a few up, I would post her name so that everyone could be warned.

does she have bad feedback on this forum?

Everyone knows deadbeats have a million excuses why they can't pay. As a matter of fact that is the only thing they can provide.... excuses.

Ignore anything she says to you because it's just a distraction from her wrongdoing.

I would love for you to post her name, and I would like to sit here and watch the fireworks, but that is all that is going to accomplish. Posting her name will not get your money back, it will just be drama.

But just so you know if you did, she couldn't do anything about it. If she really knew the law she would not have thrown the slander card at you when anyone knows that is nonsense. We all know what slander is and posting your truthful experience is not.

If she posts the name, they will just re-register under a new name and create a new email address.

I would post the name for the rest of us, just so that we atleast know who you are talking about, some of us may have also had a run-in with her as well.

Hi Jen,

I think I should point out that your matter is probably civil (no jail) but someone can go to jail if it is a criminal matter.

Susan

When some one is sent to small claims and does not appear/or pay...they can spend 30 days in jail.

I know someone it happened to....

And the answer is no she has not paid, nor replied to my offer. She is avoiding the whole situation altogether, which just pisses me off even more.

I personally wouldn't sue for under $100, but that is me. I had a bad situation with someone for just $13.00 (and although it isn't much-and it wasn't on here) I got mad at the principle of it all. I paid $ for some items and never received them-and more or less was told I wasn't going to.

I finally decided that they obviously needed it more than myself, and moved on.

I hope you find resolution in your decision-I think sadly we are always taking a chance when we purchase from a stranger.

Bec

You know what, I probably won't...I just don't have the time to do that. Things are pretty hectic for me right now...sooooooo...I will probably just let it go...BUT..I am hoping that eventually she does the right thing and pay up. I certainly will not be allowing her to participate in any more of my co-ops that's for sure.

I have 2 fundraisers on the go and possibly 2 more starting, a custom order to do and the normal stocking of my store and still have to find time to finish up my last few courses and spend time with my family..

so screw it..I have wasted enough time and energy...

I think getting it off my chest helped somewhat....

It always helps when you can vent Jen. I think that sometimes when others can understand your anger and agree that you have the right to be angry, it helps us to cope.

Regardless of what you do, just know that you are the bigger person in all of this. AND I totally agree with you about letting this person participate in any of your co-ops. I hope that she will eventually do the right thing and pay you. No one deserves to lose money due to the dishonesty of another person.

Jen,

I know how you feel because this has happened twice before to me. One for over $10,000 and another for $50.

Why didn't I sue (even after consulting a lawyer) on the $10,000 case who told me I had an excellent chance of winning?

I had to file in THEIR jurisdiction which was over 4 hours away. I would spend a full day driving to file. Cost to file was around $50. Then spend countless hours putting my case together. The lawyer said that I would have to show up in court even when it could be put off countless times. He said even 3 times being put off would now mean 32 hrs invested and zero return. He also pointed out even if I won the case I would still have to collect. All this time and energy and there was a high possibility I would not collect? It wasn't worth the gamble.

Did I want to sue? You have no idea how bad I wanted to sue. Personal satisfaction would mean a lot to me.

This was the first from the Hard Knocks of Business lessons learned in my business years.

This $10,000 lesson probably saved me from more costly business mistakes.

Now the $50 one I tacked on business administrative fees to boost it over the $500 mark and turned it over to a collection agent. Will I ever get my money? Nope. However, I hope the collection agent makes their life hell. :) (It's had to find a collection agent to take anything under $500)

For all of you who want the full story, and how I got talked to, maybe should get both sides of the coin. This is the email to which I sent Jennifer, to which I was responded to with basically... I don't care about what you are going through personally. Next time you want to start a linch mob, maybe ask for both sides of the coin!!!!!

I have been warned by many people about this thread, and you all now know the WHO, and you all know that I am on here often. My situation isnt an easy one right now, and with my husband sick at home it has been extremely difficult.

I have dealt with many members on this board with no issues at all. I told Jen I would pay her... well here is what I told her!

Hello Jennifer,

I know that I haven't been able to get you the money I owe you, and I am sorry that I haven't. I have been going through a little hell of my own. My husband, who has been ill on and off for some time now, has been in for various tests to find out what is wrong as he is still ill. We just found out that he has a highly infected kidney and spleen. He has a lump on his kidney, and may have to have his spleen removed!!!!

I have been under a lot of stress lately, and have been trying to cope and day to day just get by to make sure my family is taken care of as far as food goes! We are barely making it. I have no doubt that you are in a tough place as well, and I do not mean to upset or belittle your request for money, but you have to understand that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it at the moment. I am so sorry. I have been trying to sell my ass off just to keep it so that we have a roof over our heads and food in our bellies. We have a daughter as well, so it is pretty tough.

As you know I only started this shop, just like you, so I know you are more than likely going through the crunch that is just after Christmas shopping woes (no customers!)

I will let you know as soon as I can pay you, and again I am sorry... I just couldn't manage to message without telling you the whole story and I didn't want to do that.

Please have patience!!!!

I will also tell you that I will NOT post what she wrote in reply, as it would tarnish the view people have, and I will not put people through that.

You all can make judgement for yourself, but I offered to pay her when I can. I even offered to make payments. She said that was NOT an option.

Thank you for those of you who warned me this was going on, and for those of you who understand what I am going through. You know who you are!

I feel your pain and understand that times are tough and people have their own issues but what the heck does that have to do with a debt you owe?

If you did not have the money then you should not have ordered or accepted the merchandise if you were going through financial issues period.

Again, I am sorry for what ever personal issues you are dealing with and I hope they get better soon.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I am not just being rotten. I will give you a short run down of what I have been through the past year.

Last January I was diagnosed with a weird type of Mono that will never complete go away it's almost like Lupus, then during a routine check up they found pre cancerous cells that WILL turn into cervical cancer, it's just a matter of when. Now they found questionable lumps in my breast.

A few months later my husband had a stroke... then days after that my kitchen flooded in the middle of the night which then flooded the into the basement that held ALL of my candle overstock that I just bought for the busy season. When Serve pro tore out the water damage they found black mold! 10 thousand dollar clean up job not covered by insurance!

This past October I was diagnosed with 2 spots skin cancer on my back, I just had my 3rd surgery and my next apt is Wednesday for the 4th. The went deep and I am in allot of pain. I am supposed to take it easy and not work, but I am a mom, wife and business owner. I can't take a break I have obligations!

Seriously what could go wrong went wrong and that is just the tip of the crap I have been through, I didn't even get to the virus my kids brought home a few weeks ago and the explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting that went with it. I am not trying to be funny either. This is all true!

But despite all the horrible horrible things that were happening in my personal life, I paid my bills on time, filled the orders and took care of my family. And NEVER told ANYONE except for close friends and my immediate family. I never used ANY of this personal stuff of reasons why I can't pay my bills or fulfill obligations to my customers or anyone else.

It's pride.

I feel your pain and understand that times are tough and people have their own issues but what the heck does that have to do with a debt you owe?

If you did not have the money then you should not have ordered or accepted the merchandise if you were going through financial issues period.

Again, I am sorry for what ever personal issues you are dealing with and I hope they get better soon.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I am not just being rotten. I will give you a short run down of what I have been through the past year.

Last January I was diagnosed with a weird type of Mono that will never complete go away it's almost like Lupus, then during a routine check up they found pre cancerous cells that WILL turn into cervical cancer, it's just a matter of when. Now they found questionable lumps in my breast.

A few months later my husband had a stroke... then days after that my kitchen flooded in the middle of the night which then flooded the into the basement that held ALL of my candle overstock that I just bought for the busy season. When Serve pro tore out the water damage they found black mold! 10 thousand dollar clean up job not covered by insurance!

This past October I was diagnosed with 2 spots skin cancer on my back, I just had my 3rd surgery and my next apt is Wednesday for the 4th. The went deep and I am in allot of pain. I am supposed to take it easy and not work, but I am a mom, wife and business owner. I can't take a break I have obligations!

Seriously what could go wrong went wrong and that is just the tip of the crap I have been through, I didn't even get to the virus my kids brought home a few weeks ago and the explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting that went with it. I am not trying to be funny either. This is all true!

But despite all the horrible horrible things that were happening in my personal life, I paid my bills on time, filled the orders and took care of my family. And NEVER told ANYONE except for close friends and my immediate family. I never used ANY of this personal stuff of reasons why I can't pay my bills or fulfill obligations to my customers or anyone else.

It's pride.

I agree totally and you have a lot to be commended on. My prayers are with you and I hope that all turns out well and that you get to feeling yourself.

Thanks candlemama I appreciate that, It's not commendable, but thank you for saying so, I just view it as being responsible.

No one ever said life was going to be fair or easy. You have to play the cards that you were dealt and go on with your life.

I have to say I was embarrassed to post my business. It is my personal business and I think things like that should stay that way. If someone wants to vent to friends, therapist or family then fine, it is good to have a release. But don't pull the sympathy card when you welch on a debt or obligation!

No one cares if or why I can't fulfill my obligations or pour candles or pay my bills. No one cares if or when my kids are sick or that I haven't slept in days because I have to take care of what I need to take care of around the house. No one helps me do what I have to and I do not expect them to. I despise when people use crap like this as an excuse for sympathy which is offensive to the rest of us that suck it up and are responsible.

My husband put it best when he said, "Come to me and show me a paystub from Mc Donald's because you are doing EVERYTHING you can to pay your bills. In your free time you took a second job to make ends meet. Don't come to me whining for a hand out or a break. If you have the time to complain then you have the time to do something about it and complaining will not fix your situation."

I am sorry if any of what I said sounds harsh or offensive. I just see this type of thing so much and it makes me sick to my stomach.

I've watched this saga unfold, and I agree, if you didn't have the funds to pay for the items you shouldn't have ordered them. I find more and more people believe they are entitled to things simply because life got hard. Sorry, doesn't work that way in the real world.

I could sit here and tell you how awful my life has been since January, as the most unimaginable horror has struck our family, but my bills still got paid, and I went to work, and LIFE GOES ON.

Jen, you got screwed on this deal, and doesn't look like you will get the outcome you had hoped. But now the other party has put it out there for all the board to see. If anyone chooses to deal with that person do so at your own risk.

The End!

Unfortunately Jen, you can't get blood out of a turnip as the saying goes. If she won't pay you now, she probably wouldn't pay you even with a judgement. I'm not certain how Canadian laws are but in TX, they can tell her to pay but making her pay is a whole another issue. You'd be out even more money to take it to court. Money you probably wouldn't recoup and don't need to spend. As hard as it is and as much as you want to sue, I'd say cut your loses and move on. Everyone here knows now who she is and thus if they choose to do business with her so be it. I know times can get hard and money can get tight but if she made an obligation to you she should have paid it......in payments if nothing else. Period! Or at least politely touch base with you early on to let you know the situation so you could both come to a conclusion as to what to do.