Dans Bands

CandleMama6

I may have to get me some while I am up there and try them. I am just starting soaps and have been wondering how to package them. And I hate MMS anyway, but since that is the best price for the SLSA co-op, I figure I might as well get some so I only have to deal with them once!!

as i said i have never used dans bands..so i can't help there..

but i use ...candle pillar sleeves..cut them the size i want..

mine instead of being exposed on the sides...mine are exposed on the top and bottom..but they do kind of curl up on the top part of the soap, and also the bottom..

before i shrink them...i put my business card size label under the sleeve, then shrink..it works great..

is there accually shrink bands like that?

i have tired that with the candle pillar sleeves..cut them so that they would be like cigar bands..and what it does with mine..is shrinks it uneven..because it has to corners to grab onto and hold it in place..

does that make sense?

I like Dan's Bands from MMS. I like to put my business cards on top or bottom of the soap and then shrink wrap the entire thing with the Bands. They are cheap and effective and quick. The only thing is if you wrap them early on after making the soap then as it cures the wraps become loose although I suppose you can just take a heat gun to them and shrink them tighter.

I like Dan's Bands from MMS. I like to put my business cards on top or bottom of the soap and then shrink wrap the entire thing with the Bands. They are cheap and effective and quick. The only thing is if you wrap them early on after making the soap then as it cures the wraps become loose although I suppose you can just take a heat gun to them and shrink them tighter.

That's what I was thinking of trying. I figure that is an inexpensive way to label them while still allowing you to be creative.

Dee, I think what you are wanting are cigar bands. I know there was someone on here that had a template for them, but when I pm'd her for it I never heard back from her. If you find them let us all know.

Rae

ok i see them now. thats not what i thought they were. i thought it was the actual bands like the strips that go around the soap leaves a little over half the soap uncovered.

yeah i have searched for cigar bands on here and on google i cant find them anywhere, there used to be a site everyone went to that had them in 2 sizes. but i cant find it. everywhere i search they just talk about templates for them. if you google cigar bands for soap you get a bunch of hits for free templates.

I downloaded a free Avery label program on my Mac and then I use the blank 8x11 template and draw three lines in medium black. You make your widths as you want and get three labels per sheet (I use a beautiful parchment paper that is green and white). The tricky part is to take a piece and wrap it around your soap and mark where you need to place your logo on top, you ingredients list (I use the side) and any other information on the band. You may have to experiment with some regular printing paper until you get it the way you want it. Once you get things squared away, you merely copy and paste onto the other two bands and save. Its so easy once you get the hang of it. Then, when you need to change ingredients and or soap names; you just copy the whole page and past onto a new one and make your changes and save. If I have time I'll post some pics. HTH.

Steve