Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper

Jokerjen

I did purchase NG's and it just wasn't for me. I have never smelled or tried MC's version. I am still looking for an orange scent, but maybe I would prefer an Orange Blossom type of scent.

Kyme

Kyme, I love NG's Orange Sherbert.:smiley2:

Edited by leisa2003
spelling ?

Haven't burned any yet as I just poured last night but the CT on the MC SOCP is really nice. I also like the NG orange sherbet, the candle makers orange danish. I also ordered NG orange danish but haven't poured that one yet. I'll update once I actually test them.

• 4 months later...

I just tried NG's Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper after reading all the good reivews on there site.

Very disappointed with it. :sad2: The cold throw was OK..

The hot throw was not good at all. I could barley smell it in our bedroom.

I do not smell the chili pepper at all - just hints of orange.

I got the same response from friends that were over and gave their opinions..

Bummer.. I was really hoping that this would kick butt!!

1.25% pp in Soy

Yes, 8-GRAN-ONES .. It was a big bummer.

But if you don't use soy, maybe it will work in your wax???

I had ordered a 1 lb bottle, and ended up giving it to my friend (who also makes candles) guess what she loves it.:confused:

My nose is real sensitive to citrus scents...

Maybe she uses a different wax? In soy, I had not luck.. :sad2:

I had tried MC's in both soy and palm and could not get it to throw good. It IS weird how some people have such good luck with some FOs and the next person have no luck. Don't get it.

I tried JBN's and it is a lot stronger. I have only tried it in palm though. I don't do soy anymore.

OK does this scent normally just smell orange? That's all I got out of the NG one when I was whiffin.

I'm smelling the orange but it also has this hint of a high note of pepper-y bite to it.

It's most noticeable in a diffuser application. The other straight orange FOs seem to be light and fade quickly ... the SOCP sticks.

I'm smelling the orange but it also has this hint of a high note of pepper-y bite to it.

It's most noticeable in a diffuser application. The other straight orange FOs seem to be light and fade quickly ... the SOCP sticks.

I will have to try JBN's version. I too only smelled Orange ( like Tang) in the NG version. I was looking for a more dimensional FO, more of a balance of sweet and hot.