Pics of tonight's open house

Elizabeth

Thought I'd share these with you. It was a little difficult setting up in someone else's home without my usual props. Furniture (i.e., coffee tables, end tables, etc) was at a minimum since my friend had just moved into the place. We made due with what we had on hand.

The little boy (andrew) in the pics is my friend's oldest, he's 6 and was quite the "floor manager". That kid was crackin' me up. He kept workin' the crowd, telling them, "The candles are buy three get one free". Then as people were smelling candles and commenting on how they liked them he'd say "Well buy it" LMAO . He even helped bag up everyone's stuff and put a brochure in everyone's bag. Overall it was a decent night. Out of 45 that said they were coming "for sure", only 15 showed up, but out of that 15 I made 650.00 and got two potential wholesale accounts as well as a booked house party. Did not sell any body butters but I attribute that to not having a sample out. I did sell a TON of bath bombs, bar soaps, lotions and sugar scrubs. Only sold one bear, which is very suprising to me for this time of year...

Some of the pics turned out crappy. Hopefully Santa will bring me a new digital camera this year!

You guys ROCK! Thanks so much for being so supportive!

The risers were custom made by a friend. They aren't collapsable but they are very light weight. They are made of a sort of "pressboard".

The gift boxes came from a local craft store, similar to hobby lobby. I painted them and my sweet mother helped out with decorating the lids.

and that little "helper", Andrew, I love that little man! He knows how to work a room lol

Thanks Sara. This was the first time I presented my products in someone else's home and I don't know that it is something I will make a habit of as it is a HUGE PITA hauling all the crap to and fro. Jury is still out on it though. OnNe plus to it is that i don't have to have my house "company ready", so that's a good thing, but on the flip side, it is a bit more convenient having at my house. I've got to think a bit more on it....

I like to keep it simple. I don't play any games or give any type of "formal presentation". Alot of peeps around here are way burned out on the whole "home party" thing. I simply use my home as a sort of store front, allowing peeps to browse and shop uninterrupted, much as they would in a store (only with no pesky sales people putting on the pressure). I make myself available to answer questions and give instruction on products that peeps might be unfamiliar with (aka bath bombs and body butter), but for the most part, I just hang and mingle. Seems to work best for me this way.