Gardenia FO

almaga

Looking for a good accurate Gardenia. I tried CS and it was very good but not sure. I am trying Lonestars now to see how well it does. Peaks would not throw well for some reason. I am using IGI6006 and would like your opinion on which Gardenia is accurate.

Thanks

Al

I have tried CS also...I agree good, but not quite sure if it will be right. I tried Peaks..and it had only ok HT for me, but it was sweeter than the CS. I ordered a sample of Bert's..should be here today I will let you know if that one is ok. I have also been searching for a great Gardenia...It's my favorite floral of all time. I am using 464.

The truest Gardenias I've found are from Bramble Berry and Sweet Cakes, both are excellent. I use a touch less than 1/2 oz/lb for great, strong throw. With Gardenia and Jasmine FO's, less FO gives a better throw........more just gives you a headache!! :cool2:

monvi33

Have you tried Berts Gardenia yet.I know it is early but I have a order for that scent and looking for a better one. I order from her alot and love her scents.

Also wondering about BCN Gardenia. Another place I order from.

LynnS

monvi33

Have you tried Berts Gardenia yet.I know it is early but I have a order for that scent and looking for a better one. I order from her alot and love her scents.

Also wondering about BCN Gardenia. Another place I order from.

LynnS

OOB it smells nice...not quite as sweet is seems as Peak. I am putting it in wax tonight so I will let you know how it does.

Hi all, speaking about Gardenia FO, I should buy some for a customer request, I buy almost all my FOS at peak, but I also use some of Bert's FOS.. what would you suggest?

TIA

Hi Sabrina! Don't think I've seen you around much.

Peaks is having a sample fragrance sale thru Jan 22. The coupon code is 2010rocks. It would be a great way to try a sample of the gardenia or any other one you have been looking at.

Edited by Candybee

I got the Bert's Gardenia in wax last night. While making it it was a nice scent, not as sweet as Peak's, which I kinda liked. This morning it has a very nice CT, so far I like it. Need to cure it for a few days, so we shall see how it's HT is. I also poured Bert's Love Spell last night...and it was very nice, it did not give me a headache like the others do. I ended up with 18 new Bert's fo, and OOB I liked almost all of them. I'm excited to try them all!!

Hi Sabrina! Don't think I've seen you around much.

Peaks is having a sample fragrance sale thru Jan 22. The coupon code is 2010rocks. It would be a great way to try a sample of the gardenia or any other one you have been looking at.

:cheesy2:

Hi Candybee, it's true, i haven't been on here for a long time, my life has been a total mess, now things are slowly calming down, thanks! Hope everything is fine there!

I know about Peaks sale, but you know being so far is always a problem, you spend a lot in shipping, wait for things to arrive, then decide.. eeeekkk

I mostly use peaks because I know I can trust every oil LOL, they never disappointed me. Ah I know I should come to live there! Thanks again!

I got the Bert's Gardenia in wax last night. While making it it was a nice scent, not as sweet as Peak's, which I kinda liked. This morning it has a very nice CT, so far I like it. Need to cure it for a few days, so we shall see how it's HT is. I also poured Bert's Love Spell last night...and it was very nice, it did not give me a headache like the others do. I ended up with 18 new Bert's fo, and OOB I liked almost all of them. I'm excited to try them all!!

Good, I'll wait to hear from you what do you think about this scent. I like Bert's FO, and prices are really good, but really don't know what to do.

Happy testing!

Just curious about any review on Bert's Gardenia! Any news out there?

I am testing it now....it's very nice. It is lighter to me than others I've tried, but it is also not as sweet and has more of the true flower smell IMO, which I like better. I just adjusted wicking so we will see if that helps, and I may try adjusting the FO amt. (I used 7% in 464) . So far so good it does fill up a small room nicely. The Honeysuckle from Berts is great...I really like it and it fills up my large room very well. The Love Spell is also very nice, it's not as strong as CS and not as sharp, but I almost like it better for that reason...it doesn't make me want to gag when I burn it and it's actually making me start to like love spell a little, but only a little:)

I am testing it now....it's very nice. It is lighter to me than others I've tried, but it is also not as sweet and has more of the true flower smell IMO, which I like better. I just adjusted wicking so we will see if that helps, and I may try adjusting the FO amt. (I used 7% in 464) . So far so good it does fill up a small room nicely. The Honeysuckle from Berts is great...I really like it and it fills up my large room very well. The Love Spell is also very nice, it's not as strong as CS and not as sharp, but I almost like it better for that reason...it doesn't make me want to gag when I burn it and it's actually making me start to like love spell a little, but only a little:)

Thank you very much, I see you used 7%, and state it's not a great room filler.. I use 5% (palm and paraffin) to 6% (soy) of all the oils I have, not sure about going up.. but besides it seems closer to the real thing.. uhmmm big doubt here!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know, I decided to do a meltie tester with this fragrance, and it did really well, it filled up my large room. So the fragrance and wax combination works great, my wicking just must be off. So I wanted to say that i'm sure once I adjust my wicking it will do great. HTH

..Monica..