Almost done website...tell me what you think!

lsbennis

Ugh...almost done my website...this is hard work and whoever does this for a living is worth their weight in gold and someday maybe i could afford to hire them..lol

I still need to complete some key pages but thought I would put it out there to get some opinions so I can make changes before it is offically done.

If anyone is interested there is also a link on my front page from Scrapless Creations for a give away from various WHAM sites.

Thanks for looking

www.PalmBeachCandle.com

PS...had to add that Mandi with Designer218 is awesome!

Very nicely done and I think the style of the site very much suits the type of candles you are doing.

Richard is currently working on our website and though I know nothing about how to do it I understand just how many hours of work go into it!

A very very minor point in your "about us" section.... You refer to "our company" yet there are some "me's" in there with no real mention of anyone else.

Just got me curious as to whether it's all YOU or is there a partner/hubby involved in your business also?

Don't know about other people but I always read the about us/about me section and like to have an understanding about who the person, or people are making the handmade product.

Just call me nosy, lol!

Tracy

Thanks everyone...:cheesy2:

@Desertrose...I also like to read the "About Us" sections on websites. I do about 98% of everything but every once in a while hubby gets a wild hair and will contribute so I want to aknowledge his efforts in hope that he might want to contribute more!

@Kitchenfairy...I'm assuming that the suppliers are getting the fragrance descriptions from the fragrance supplier to use on their sites, I checked and did not see any TM on the descriptions so hope it is ok...there are a couple of suppliers I use that are creative with their descriptions and most likely original to their sites but again I'm assuming that if it is ok to use the scent name then it should also be ok to use the descripton. :tiptoe:

@Quietgirl...I think istock.com has a good portion of my retirement fund right now...lol...but they do have some great royalty free stock photos. I have a few pics that are also used on some of the supplier sites but I will assume they also got them from istock.com

Edited by lsbennis

Looks good from here. I might have been tempted to change the green to aqua, just to get that South Fla. thing going on. On the other hand that whole art deco thing has been done to death...

Either way it looks good, the layout is good...

And I'm using Firefox, so it doesn't just work with IE.

I really like it. It's easy to navigate and has pretty pictures.

I didn't see any of your candles tho. Did I miss them?

lol...no you didnt miss them...that is one of those key pages that I still need to work on. There are a few pics on the front page as well as one of the other pages but I have to get off my butt and take more pictues real soon.:embarasse

Love your website and really love the color combination. Good job:thumbsup:

Yeah. The colors are really nice. It occurred to me that what I said before might not have come out right. It was by no means a criticism. It was part thinking out loud and part because I miss South Florida. :smiley2:

@Safetysue...I'm using the clear gloss labels from LBS and I print them on a lazer printer. Right now I just have the one size jar but I'm working on adding travel tins and melts. I don't want to stress myself out too much with too many different products...lol *shudder*

@Number20f7...lol...I have to still work on that...I still have a lot of work to do and most likely will not be finished until after the new year!

Ok I just checked it out. When I first landed on your site I LOVED the colors. Before I left, you put a black border around the green...me no like that. Take the black border off lol.

Also, there are no candle sizes? It's just $9.75 for???

Thats odd because the black border has always been there..:confused:

I still have to add jar and oz to a drop down box but i have not figured out how to do that yet..lol:tiptoe: