RRD wicks vs. CSN's in palm wax.

I started out with the rrd's because this is what Peak's suggested. I went thru 5 different wick sizes and nothing would burn right. If I came close to getting the correct size wick, I would get soot and a large flame. I tried the csn wicks and didn't like the large flame and to me the candle burned too fast. Then I tried the cd wicks and never looked back.

There are some who do like to use the csn wicks. I think it is preference. You can have a good burning candle using different wicks and there is nothing wrong with that!

Deb :yay:

I use CSNs too and single wick 3 1/2 inch diameter jars. I used a smaller wick size than CS recommended and get a great burn with no visable soot. I didn't care for the large flame but wicking down helped that a lot.

I gave CDs a try but didn't get as good a hot throw with them. Also, the container got too hot and I had more visable smoke and soot buildup on the container. So I switched to CSNs for those reasons.

• 3 years later...