Need a category for DUMB QUESTIONS

Well Cliff some th ink it will burn off at a higher temperature. In the presto you should hear it crackle and sizzle etc. If you have a pour spout on the pot, simple bleed it off. If it won't come out, well keep bleeding wax and then wipe the water out of your presto pot. If it bleeds out, simply pour it into something that the wax can harden in. When it's h ard, use paper towels and soak it up. Or just wait till you get down to that last part of the wax and trash it all. And then quit putting water in the wax ;)

Christina, you hit the nail right on the head! I haven't had it happen too much but have experienced it a couple of times and was just couldn't bring myself to ask the question! Thanks Tucker for doing that for me! I too am experimenting with canes with partial success only! And thanks Scented and Top for the suggestions!

Sheryl

Since water sinks to the bottom, the easiest thing to do is remove from the top as much of the good wax as possible. Next, pour the rest into some kind of container, allow it to solidify, remove the solid wax from the container, & dab w/ a paper towel to dry. To be on the safe side, to make sure you got all the water, you might want to take something a little sharp & poke holes throughout the bottom just in case there's water trapped in wax, which was an experience I had w/ a the 2nd cane I made.

I never had any good luck w/ turning the heat up; it just made the water pop & splatter hot wax everywhere.

Since water sinks to the bottom, the easiest thing to do is remove from the top as much of the good wax as possible. Next, pour the rest into some kind of container, allow it to solidify, remove the solid wax from the container, & dab w/ a paper towel to dry. To be on the safe side, to make sure you got all the water, you might want to take something a little sharp & poke holes throughout the bottom just in case there's water trapped in wax, which was an experience I had w/ a the 2nd cane I made.

I never had any good luck w/ turning the heat up; it just made the water pop & splatter hot wax everywhere.

I agree. I also let it air dry for a couple days because I want no trace of the water left.

Tucker ~ Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Ok, so occasionally there are some that are a bit silly, but never yours ;)

Hey Tucker the easiest way I've found to get the water out of the wax (oh wait not that I've done this, um hm it was a friend of mine yep that's it a friend I know did this once :D ) Pour the wax into a container (or a cookie sheet) let it totally set up. Since wax & water don't mix the wax will be on top & the water will all be at the bottom. Just grab a paper towel & dry off the bottom a little more & your all set to try those gosh darned hurricane's again.

This works very well & will get all the water out trust me. One time when getting my pillar into a waterbath DH decided to "help" me. (it was the last time he ever "helped" me with my candles) He got so much water into the pillar when I shook it you could hear the slushing of the water right in the middle of the candle. If it worked for that pillar it should work for yours too.

Karen B