Remember Pumpin Jars

LynnS

Those we got at BIG LOTS for several years and now they no longer sell them. Anyone know of a supplier that has them or just any pumpkin jar.I have a customer who likes the one with the witch hat but she might settle for (just pumpkin jar)

Thank You

LynnS

Barbara

I just called Darice and they have been discontinued.I told her they are on the site and she said the site is not always updated.So now back to square one. The ones with the witch hat the lady likes.I might have to go with the plain clear glass pumpkin but don't want more than 16 ounces because of wicking problems.

I will check with Wal Mart but they didn't have them the times I have been there.They do have the star and heart jar but never see the witch pumpkin jar.I sure will not pay $5.00.That is highway robbery.

Candles and supplies does have the clear ones but the face doesn't show up.The orange jars with black features were nice.Just when you find someone who wants something it is no longer available.:sad2:

LynnS

Seems to me even at Big Lots they were a $1.99 a few years ago. I had some left and got some from a CT member last year.Now I have none. :sad2:

Joker

We don't have a Dollarama in our area.Seems to me as scarce as they are getting not many stores were carrying them or move to other stock.I need to check out the Big Lots just to see if they have any pumpkin jar.They did have some real small ones but they were a $1.00 the same time they had the ones with the witch hat.

LynnS

Candles and supplies does have the clear ones but the face doesn't show up.The orange jars with black features were nice.Just when you find someone who wants something it is no longer available.:sad2:

I had some of these and they're a snap to paint the eyes and mouth in black and then you pour orange wax. They looked great.

I am contemplating those at Candles and Supplies and told my customer.Yes I will be doing them in orange. I used to paint the face on a Santa Claus jar. I would think Santa would be harder to paint a face than the pumpkin jar.

I hope those pumpkin jars are not more than 16 ounces.If so they will be a bear to wick.

LynnS

Doggone it.I go on Candle and Supplies site today and didn;t see the clear pumpkin jars. Have to assume they are out. I wanted a few to test and maybe try painting them like I did the Santa jar.

Will now go back and see what the other sites have. I looked once but will double check if I would like those.

LynnS

Doggone it.I go on Candle and Supplies site today and didn;t see the clear pumpkin jars. Have to assume they are out. I wanted a few to test and maybe try painting them like I did the Santa jar.

Will now go back and see what the other sites have. I looked once but will double check if I would like those.

LynnS

yep - out of stock

:(

http://newcart.candlesandsupplies.com/Store/Products/Candles/PID-PK-01.aspx

Thank You, Care Bear

Figures always a day late.

I was afraid those were going to be disappearing like the others.

Plenty of time to test for next year. Halloween will soon be over and I have no shows in Nov as of yet. Think a school is having one and I did fair at it years ago for the first time.Might check that one again. School craft shows have great attendance where I live.

LynnS

Hi, Thread.

Too bad these were discontinued, I really like them and I'm sorry I'm only coming across them now.

Does anyone know if the originals were painted orange or was the glass itself orange?

If they were painted, does anyone have an idea of what paints are safe to use if I wanted to try doing some of the clear ones on my own? (I don't want to be creating pumpkin bombs!)

Thanks.

P.S. Someone is selling two of these on Ebay now for $14.99 each plus $9.95 shipping.:shocked2:

Those pumpkin jars for $14.99 I would have to sell for $25.00.:laugh2:I am sure no one on this Board could sell any at that price.:shocked2: They can keep them.

Are they getting bids???? I bet not from candlemakers.:rolleyes2

Yes I would be like New Orleans Lady.Paint a face on the clear and make orange candles.Anything called pumpkin or maybe a carrot cake.That one is a seller for me.

LynnS

Nope, no bids!

Though I see now that they are also offering "free tea lights and insurance" with the shipping charge. :cheesy2:

I'm tempted to email them the the C&S link that shows them on sale for $1.25 each piece...

And thanks for the painting suggestions.

Would I just use standard acrylic or stained glass craft paints, then?

I did paint my Santa Claus jars a couple years ago but cannot remember what I used.It stayed on fair but would like something more permanent but not sure about glass. :confused:

Hope New Orleans Lady can help us with that.I probably still have some paint in the basement but been on the back burner for 2 years.Sants didn't sell. :sad2:

LynnS