Honeysuckle & Black-eyed Susans

SatinDucky

Hey there SATIN, you pretty well got those down pat, they look great. Tell me please, are you using silk flowers? If so, what's the procedure, I want to try those in the worst way, I think they'd be great Xmas gifts for my three adult kids.

Hey there SATIN, you pretty well got those down pat, they look great. Tell me please, are you using silk flowers? If so, what's the procedure, I want to try those in the worst way, I think they'd be great Xmas gifts for my three adult kids.

Hey Tucker - These are all real flowers pressed and dried. That's one reason my selection to choose from is kinda limited. I have some that Donita sent me still and other than that, just what wildflowers were still growing at the end of summer that I could pick to dry. Most I still wasn't sure about so I just picked a few, then they quit blooming. That was all the honeysuckle I got and maybe enough of the BESusans for one more. I suspect I'll be out by spring at this rate...lol.

Actually, I think silk/synthetic should work fine. I have one more shell already made, but hadn't decided what to put on it yet. So I'll try out the silk and let you know. I'm thinking the silk ones will have to be taken apart, soaked in wax to get the air out and done in layers. Ohh, this would be a good time to do poinsettas if I can find small ones. I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks for the nice words ya'll :)

Sharyl.......very carefully.....or you will burn your little fingers.....like I did a little while ago while crackling candles.....I keep aloe plants all over the place. I just put my fingers inside......elbows bent out and slowly lower it into the wax. On round shapes you need to take them out slowly or you will gets runs. Straight sides can come out faster. Ducky is looking like a pro now.....isn't she. Love the honeysuckle and black eyed susans......I guess you could use the same process for silks. Or you could glue them on.....just experiment....Happy Thanksgiving to all.....we are busy making candles, candles, candles......I will cook a small turkey later......had to call the fire department a little while ago......my old old man neighbor was burning again on our property line....he just doesn't get it....we have a wind advisory today. After living here for 8 years I finally had to report him...he burns right next to his shed....God forbid that there should be any mess on his property. He is the kind that burns every leaf every day......so just as Van and Avery were being returned by their other grandfather, the big firetruck pulled into my driveway......unfortunately Amanda is dressed in "candle making clothes" and didn't want to go see the "Fire Guys"......well......I came in and told her that it was three for three.....they were all hotties and in their early 30's.....just can't plan anything. Hehehe. Back to wax. Good job Ducky, you certainly have the "Satin" touch!!!!!!! Donita

Donita, we had gale warnings here at the cottage today. Can't imagine anyone dumb enough to be out burning. Tell Amanda the fire guys are used to seeing women awakened in the middle of the night. Candle making clothes would probably look pretty good to them.

Figured you would have to be super careful with the over dipping. Was hoping you had a gizmo you used so the fingers would be safe. Guess I had better get some aloe plants before trying it. LOL