CP soap swirls with embedded M&P roses

cwayneu

Billie decided to tried something new for us this time. She has a sheet mold of small roses. She 1st made a batch of yellow and a batch pink roses using melt and pour, with some sparkles. She then made a batch of CP soap (FO - Sweet Pea & Me) with pink and yellow swirls, put in our dividers, and immediately embedded a pink or yellow rose into each bar. The swirls did not come out as dark as we wanted, but they look OK.

In the mold

Picture008-b.jpg

I was able to sneak one of Billie's oil paintings in as background. She hasn't painted in a couple of years, and this may inspire her. Unfortunately my lights kind of washed out the left side of the photo.

roses-1-b.jpg

Closer look at the bars

Picture020-b.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the roses and all the colors. It couldn't be any prettier. Now, the painting............I am speechless! Billie has more talent in her little finger than I do in my whole body. WOW! WOW! WOW!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Rae

Wow!! my Mom has a picture very similar to that she bought off of some Gypsies when we lived in Germany as a kid I would love to take a picture of my Mom's to see if Billie can duplicate it. Billie's picture is very close to it but my Mom's has the Lilac flowers in a Brass vase.

Barb

• 2 weeks later...