Opinions on the FOs.....

LeahRB

I am going to be placing an order with CS soon and I love their FOs, however there are a few I still have yet to try. I would love any opinions on these FOs:

Black Currant & Nectarine (I had a sample of this and liked it OOB, but can't seem to find it)

Cool Citrus Basil

Sea Mist

Sugar Cookie

Asian Amber

Love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

The only one I use is the Asian Amber. I have only used it in tarts, and it throws wonderfully, but I think it is a love it or hate it fragrance. I kinda like it, but I'm not sure how it will sell. I'm taking it to a craft show for the first time this weekend, and interested to see how it sells.

Love to hear the reviews you get on the others!

My DH and DD said the sugar cookie smelled like cake.. So that is as far as I took that one.. I wanted a cookie...LOL

Asian Amber is great! Peeps around these parts say they use it as an aphrodisiac(sp?) If you are applying this in a candle..wick up.

I have samples of the other scents but have not put them in wax yet..I do love the Black Currant and Nectarine oob.

HTH a little...

Emily

I didn't like the sugar cookie very much. They have many wonderful oils. However, I think you can find a much better sugar cookie fragrance oils at other suppliers.

If you haven't tried Brandied Pear it's very strong in soy!

I am in love with Candlewic's Sugared Vanilla Shortbread, but I thought since I was ordering from CS I would try theirs too.

I love the brandied pear, too. It does great in paraffin also.

Yep, I am in love with Candlewic's Sugared Vanilla Shortbread, too. Totally drool worthy! :drool: Tarts made with this in KY's parasoy at 1 1/2 oz per pound are to die for!

Hi, I am very new to candlemaking, CS is one of the first suppliers I bought from. These are the fragrances I have tried that did very will in gb464 (soy). Maybe you have already tried these, but thought I would still post incase anyone else was interested.

Pumpkin Souffle- I cant keep this stocked, my best seller

banana nut bread

hansel and gretels house-this seems to be better after curing for a few days, to me atleast

blueberry cheesecake

apples and maple bourbon

I am testing the cinnamon stix, doesnt seem to be as strong as i thought it would be??? sometimes they are stronger the second time you burn them, not sure why???

Maybe this will help you or someone else:cheesy2:

Cinnamon stick was crazy strong in paraffin. I love apples & maple bourbon, pumpkin souffle and hansel & gretel (my favorite bakery scent up to this point)

I am glad you mentioned Blueberry cheesecake because I have been wanting to try it.

Is the banana nut bread a nice balance??

Thanks for your reply.

You should also try honeysuckle jasmine, rain water and cranberry marmalade(my favorite scent).

Any opinions on their buttered rum and vanilla hazelnut??

I have wanted to try the cranberry marmalade, but was worried it might b too perfumy. I thought the blackberry one was. I personally like the bnb, and thought it was a nice balance, but I think I read that someone thought it was just a banana smell. I have had repeat customers for it! I think you will LOVE the blueberry cheesecake. It is my second best seller after the pumpkin souffle. I need to start buying them in the 5# jugs!:)

I loved Cranberry Marmalade OOB but it turned for me in wax and I can't stand it now. I've made some tarts to see how well they go and it seems to be going decently. I just received Cinnamon Stix in today to I could test it. Guess I'll be busy pouring this weekend.

Any opinions on their buttered rum and vanilla hazelnut??

I've tried there buttered rum...true to life I think and a strong thrower in 464. I also love the Blueberry Cheesecake! I just ordered a sample of Asian Amber and didn't like it OOB. The Cinnamon Sticks throws like crazy in my 464! I would also be interested on any opinions of the vanilla hazelnut! TIA

Good to hear. I just ordered samples of the buttered rum, blueberry cheesecake, black currant & nectarine, cinnamon buns and vanilla hazelnut. I will let you know about the vanilla hazelnut, but I'm sure it will not be here until at least next Wednesday.

• 1 month later...

I am on round two testing of Sea Mist..and it's a lovely fragrance. Not very salty (which is originally what I wanted) but has a great floral mixed with something that I can't put my nose on. I am really impressed with it. Threw great in my 464 at 7%.